Author Topic: Pay Scale  (Read 6297 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Pay Scale
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 02:03:33 PM »
You can't but a shack for less than 1 million in Greenwich, in fact i doubt you could get the lot for less.

"No man is an island"

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 03:28:09 PM »
If you're a member of SGIA, there is a ton of information available on pay rates for almost every position possible, broken down by regions of the country. One of the tools we use when deciding pay scales.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 05:58:51 PM »
a big thing is the area you live in as well.  The cost of living here is much lower than CT I would guess.

No doubt we are either #1 or close to it for cost of living. It is all relative, living in PA i was shocked at my pay scale being so low but realized quickly I could buy an acre of land for as little as $100 crazy.

I used to call this the 'box boy' factor but grocery stores no longer use box boys for grocery carryout.  So now I guess it would be the entry level/fast food base line.

When traveling around the county I consistently find that decorated apparel shops have to be $2-3 bucks per hour higher than entry level fast food workers.  So if Mcd's is paying Fed MinWage of $7.25 you probably will be at $9-10 to find someone worth keeping.

If Taco Bell is paying $11 you will be at $14.  Remarkable how repeatable this factor is.

~Kitson

True. Fast food workers around here get paid between $10 and $12 an hour. And they are striking now for $15. We range anywhere from $14 to $23 with perks. Want to pay more and we are slowly getting there.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 09:48:38 PM »
cashiers in the next 5 years will probably be gone for the most part at fast food places.  they will be replaced by touch screen computers.

put in 5 or 6 of those and it's faster and more efficient than a couple cashiers.  It should also cut the error rate from miscommunication.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 11:57:21 PM »
I'll stop going for sure if that happens.  Self checkouts have been pulled from our local grocery chains!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 10:06:38 AM »
well, they do it at wawa and it's great.  I prefer it since there are several computers and I can take my time.

On a separate note...why don't drive-throughs have 2 menu boards?  One to look at while the car in front of you is ordering?  Seems like that would speed it up.

Offline trebor

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2013, 12:12:04 PM »
They have just now added self checking at our WalMart here. I like it. I really got tired of telling the manager....way to go 32 cash registers and you have three lanes open. I was always getting checked out in the liquor store for speed.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013, 03:11:16 PM »
well, they do it at wawa and it's great.  I prefer it since there are several computers and I can take my time.

On a separate note...why don't drive-throughs have 2 menu boards?  One to look at while the car in front of you is ordering?  Seems like that would speed it up.

was at Wawa the other day and thought of you as I enjoyed my sandwich!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013, 03:12:25 PM »
haha, I wish we had those down here.  our QuikTrips are building new stores with sandwich stations in them.  I hope they build one close to me.

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2013, 03:22:20 PM »
Dude I really like QT's, wish we had them in Louisiana