Author Topic: reversible mesh jerseys  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Du Manchu

• Verified/Junior
reversible mesh jerseys
« on: June 21, 2013, 11:58:01 AM »
I keep running into (and away from these) projects for reversible (2 layer) basketball jerseys.   I know heat-press is a good option, but it's too slow and expensive for longer runs

I've got the ink figured out, but what about all those holes?  Should I just count on flashing the pallets every full rotation and re-tapping pallets after the run.

Its for 150 pieces of ROYAL jerseys.  2 color (white and another) so a flash is definitely involved. 

I know it's gonna be a P.I.A., but would like to know what problems to look out for, before I finalize this quote.

Thanks much.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: reversible mesh jerseys
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 12:05:45 PM »
Some folks flash, some folks use paper.
This just popped up in a thread a few weeks ago
It apparently doesn't show on search of the obvious key word "reversible" because it was abbreviated. A lesson here perhaps.
At any rate, some of your answers may be included in the thread.

http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,8300.0.html
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 01:17:15 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 12:28:06 PM »
I do a bunch of these..on the manual

I flash the pallets, but after a few rotations the ink builds up..then i flash for a little longer and then take a paint stick and it scrapes off the ink thats on the pallet.

But i have been getting alot better with laying the ink down getting coverage but not pushing it through the mesh...but its taking awhile..

Rob

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 01:56:32 PM »
i did a few hundred a couple weeks back on the auto.  in order to get the ink into the weave, we had to put enough pressure to put the ink into the holes a little as well.  after flashing we scrape the "zits" off the platens and load the next one.  works fine...2 people on the press works better, 1 to load, the other to unload and scrape.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 02:13:48 PM »
i did a few hundred a couple weeks back on the auto.  in order to get the ink into the weave, we had to put enough pressure to put the ink into the holes a little as well.  after flashing we scrape the "zits" off the platens and load the next one.  works fine...2 people on the press works better, 1 to load, the other to unload and scrape.

Fairly similar here, except we get a dozen or so before scraping...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 02:15:33 PM »
we do it on every one so it doesn't screw with the print on any other ones