Author Topic: Input on used retensionables  (Read 14715 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Input on used retensionables
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2013, 02:19:38 PM »
It's the my chit don't stink attitude you take with every subject. You've even
taken your attitude and ideas here and spread them into other threads where it was
neither asked for nor relevant. (IE Gerry's press tragedy) It's ridiculous and one
must wonder about your personal life if this is entertainment to you. No one liked
the snotty rich kid at school. No one. If you've got Darryl heated you're doing something
wrong.

Here's the used frames I was talking about. Dave's a nice guy:

http://www.digitsmith.com/newman-roller-frames-23-x-31-a-37754.html

We've got so many frames now we have screens burned for next weeks work. That my friends is
a great feeling. I didn't realize how much of a bottleneck it was.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2013, 02:20:10 PM »
Alright, now Ive had it up to here...

Dammit, Brandt, you listen and you listen good, cuz I aint repeating it again...you WILL get your ass out there and buy a bunch of used retensionables, you understand? And they damn well better be tensioned up to at least 50n, cuz no one can print less than that. Oh and dont let me catch you runnin Revolver mode either, thats an absolute no-no. And you better have that DTS, cuz no shop on the planet can operate without one, and I dont care how much scotch tape costs. Oh and while I'm at it, you damn well better not be separating under old color theory right? Dont you dare let me catch you outsourcing that stuff to some qualified professional..whattaya, stupid or something?!

Get on it, ya prick!

(did i leave anything out?)

You just summed up the last 6 months on this board. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2013, 02:32:28 PM »
It's the my chit don't stink attitude you take with every subject. You've even
taken your attitude and ideas here and spread them into other threads where it was
neither asked for nor relevant. (IE Gerry's press tragedy) It's ridiculous and one
must wonder about your personal life if this is entertainment to you. No one liked
the snotty rich kid at school. No one. If you've got Darryl heated you're doing something
wrong.

If someone get's "heated" over a forum post like has been made in this thread well that's a real shame, well other than what I just posted to you.

We've got so many frames now we have screens burned for next weeks work. That my friends is
a great feeling. I didn't realize how much of a bottleneck it was.

Your post here sounds like a snotty rich kid.  "oh man we have so many screens, we are so freaking awesome, we burnt them for the next month worth of work, we are so awesome, look how awesome we are". 

;)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2013, 02:37:35 PM »
Go somewhere else Brandt.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2013, 02:56:56 PM »
Your post here sounds like a snotty rich kid.  "oh man we have so many screens, we are so freaking awesome, we burnt them for the next month worth of work, we are so awesome, look how awesome we are". 

Kinda sound like you Brandt, but hey go back to work as I'm going to do myself, got quotes to get out...I'm thru

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2013, 03:00:34 PM »
Anyone know what 25x33 M3's go for new?

I was quoted $97.50/ea for 25x31 w. a small price break if you purchase 100 pcs.

I agree, your screen library is a major and often hidden bottleneck, you don't notice it until you get more individual order flowing through.  If I could get us even four days out on screens I'd be very proud, well on ya man.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2013, 03:02:28 PM »

Kinda sound like you Brandt, but hey go back to work as I'm going to do myself, got quotes to get out...I'm thru

Darryl

Double standard apparently.  But then again I haven't been the only one to notice that either ;)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2013, 03:29:03 PM »

I agree, your screen library is a major and often hidden bottleneck, you don't notice it until you get more individual order flowing through.

Exactly my point. I wish someone had told me a year ago. It's a "no duh" after the fact, but when you're in the middle
of it, it can be hard to see.

Just like carts. We already had a bunch, but it kind of seems like you can never have enough. The Uline one's are solid.
I would never buy a used cart. Not at all interested. Wouldn't want to inherit someone else's problems. In fact we're so busy here I pay
extra to have them assembled before shipping. (which actually brings up a funny point. I'm assuming Newman's don't ship assembled
from the factory, and if that's the case, I would argue that assembly can actually take longer than cleaning an already assembled frame.)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2013, 03:38:01 PM »
Soooooo....when it comes to used frames versus new, ask yourself this one question...How much is 10 minutes of my time REALLY worth?  If you think 10 minutes per frame is worth at least $50 then buy new.  If anyone on this forum really does believe that 10 minutes of your time is worth $50 bucks then...well, that's awesome you think that and I won't be the one to burst your bubble and tell you it's not...ok maybe I just did.  You're not running a fortune 100 company, you're in the screen printing business.  There are a few people who get on this forum occassionally who's time is worth more than $50 per 10 minutes and if you have to ask yourself if you are one of those then you're not.  Those guys don't do a whole lot of chiming in either but they do when it's necessary.

I do feel bad for Don sometimes because he made such a great product that they literally can last longer than the shop that owns them and most people don't have to buy new anymore.  Probably why the cost is so high on new roller frames these days.  We have several dozen of the first batch of newmans ever made, with some nice thin thread mesh in them knocking out one job after another.  Some frames have been beat up and take 15 minutes instead of 5-10 to clean up but still, my time is worth more than anyone else's in this entire shop except one and it is still worth it to buy used frames and me be the one getting them into production.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2013, 03:41:26 PM »

I agree, your screen library is a major and often hidden bottleneck, you don't notice it until you get more individual order flowing through.

Exactly my point. I wish someone had told me a year ago. It's a "no duh" after the fact, but when you're in the middle
of it, it can be hard to see.

Just like carts. We already had a bunch, but it kind of seems like you can never have enough. The Uline one's are solid.
I would never buy a used cart. Not at all interested. Wouldn't want to inherit someone else's problems. In fact we're so busy here I pay
extra to have them assembled before shipping. (which actually brings up a funny point. I'm assuming Newman's don't ship assembled
from the factory, and if that's the case, I would argue that assembly can actually take longer than cleaning an already assembled frame.)

Probably will, but id rather put together clean stuff than clean old stuff that could also have been abused.  I hope that's OK with you cupcake. 

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2013, 03:53:15 PM »
Don't you mean your girlfriend will put them together? Cupcake?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2013, 03:54:48 PM »
Soooooo....when it comes to used frames versus new, ask yourself this one question...How much is 10 minutes of my time REALLY worth?  If you think 10 minutes per frame is worth at least $50 then buy new.  If anyone on this forum really does believe that 10 minutes of your time is worth $50 bucks then...well, that's awesome you think that and I won't be the one to burst your bubble and tell you it's not...ok maybe I just did.  You're not running a fortune 100 company, you're in the screen printing business.  There are a few people who get on this forum occassionally who's time is worth more than $50 per 10 minutes and if you have to ask yourself if you are one of those then you're not.  Those guys don't do a whole lot of chiming in either but they do when it's necessary.

I do feel bad for Don sometimes because he made such a great product that they literally can last longer than the shop that owns them and most people don't have to buy new anymore.  Probably why the cost is so high on new roller frames these days.  We have several dozen of the first batch of newmans ever made, with some nice thin thread mesh in them knocking out one job after another.  Some frames have been beat up and take 15 minutes instead of 5-10 to clean up but still, my time is worth more than anyone else's in this entire shop except one and it is still worth it to buy used frames and me be the one getting them into production.

I get the math Alan, sounds like you have the time or are willing to make the time.  I don't have the time and I am not willing to give up my nights or weekends to clean.  Id RATHER buy new, just how we roll.  I haven't bought new because I also don't have time to put them together, its really very simple.  Shouldn't be anything wrong with that either.  I make 1 comment that I don't want used, and all this from that?  Why the fuss. 

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2013, 03:56:19 PM »
Don't you mean your girlfriend will put them together? Cupcake?

Nah, when it comes time a employee would do it.  That OK with you buttercup? 

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2013, 03:56:45 PM »
can we get some blood from the horse?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2013, 03:57:22 PM »
You don't have time to clean a frame.

You have time to spew your pompous bs all over the forum.

Does not compute.