Author Topic: Can this be done?  (Read 2460 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Can this be done?
« on: June 13, 2013, 01:53:27 PM »
See pic below. I have an eight color auto, can this be done on an 8 color with currently just one flash? If so who is up to sending a quote for seeping? Customer supposedly has original art files.
"No man is an island"

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Can this be done?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 02:06:43 PM »
what color is the shirt?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 02:09:27 PM »
Oh yea sorry, navy.

It is for several thousand plus. Get this after being printed they have to be shipped to Cali where a company is going to compress them into varying shapes, shipped back then given out at sporting events around the city. I know I know why not have the compression company do the print, thats because not everything is for compression and reorders will be often so they want the printing to be consistent and done by one company only.
"No man is an island"

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 02:11:02 PM »
I see blue, yellow, black and red. you could add gray and another blue if the customer will pay for it.
on dark, you'd need an ubase and possibly hi white (can't see any white now as it's on white background).

EXPLANATION:
yellow and blue will make your green. red and black will make brown, blue and red will make purple, blue black and red will make darker blue.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 02:13:33 PM »
I see blue, yellow, black and red. you could add gray and another blue if the customer will pay for it.
on dark, you'd need an ubase and possibly hi white (can't see any white now as it's on white background).

EXPLANATION:
yellow and blue will make your green. red and black will make brown, blue and red will make purple, blue black and red will make darker blue.

pierre

I think white has to be added in to make it work on Navy. probably not a lot and might only need a base. What you just said might work if it will look decent.
"No man is an island"

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 02:17:21 PM »
so you don't print the navy.

I am thinking
1. ubase
2. yellow
3. blue
4. red (for purple, brown and sun)
5. green
6. gray (for the deck and boat)
7. black
8. hiwhite

the issues arising will be keeping the sun without a transition line where the red starts and keeping the blending consistent from order to order.

pierre

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 02:27:28 PM »
Probably have to lose the hi-lite white need a flash station.

Dan or someone  send me a estimate if provided decent art to sep this for print on navy.

Already told the customer there will be set up expenses so they are just waiting for a quote.
"No man is an island"

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 02:55:47 PM »
Probably have to lose the hi-lite white need a flash station.

Dan or someone  send me a estimate if provided decent art to sep this for print on navy.

Already told the customer there will be set up expenses so they are just waiting for a quote.

I think you'll need the hiwhite for some lighter blues too. I would ditch the gray. . .

pierre

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 03:29:20 PM »
Dischaaaaaagggggeeee

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Re: Can this be done?
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 10:47:11 PM »
Dischaaaaaagggggeeee

yep. Eight colors? Hell that'll be easy.

-Jealous owner of six color presses

PS- for the hour or so it would take, offer to re draft the image to something that's not totally lame and would print better