Author Topic: Just a new picture of the current state of my Pocono Screens mesh  (Read 11939 times)

Offline shellyky

Re: Just a new picture of the current state of my Pocono Screens mesh
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 09:08:32 AM »
Here's a direct paste from their site BTW

Pocono's exclusive Tri-Bond mesh adhering system
Pocono Screen Supply LLC has developed an exclusive Tri-Bond mesh adhering system that is virtually indestructable. The exclusive Tri-Bond system uses a specially designed grinding machine and chemical bath to assure a completely uncontaminated surface for applying an adhesive base coat. The frame is then stretched as described below using our staged tensioning procedure and adhered with a final top coat of adhesive. This process is used by no other screen manufacturer and we know of no other screen manufacturer who guarantees their mesh performance!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 09:20:22 AM »
How old are the screens? You can dispute charges on your credit card for a while back. I would think they wouldn't have a leg to stand on for a defence if their website "guarantees"(a word that has lost all meaning in the last 10 years) their product.
On the other hand, you could email them a link to this thread, you would think they would want to make good on their situation  if they would want business from anyone on this forum again....
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline shellyky

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 09:25:41 AM »
they just replied on their FB page where i posted it.... HUGE attitude problem.  Then deleted all their posts instantly...not before i screen shotted what they were telling me.

Anyways, they're taking the screens back for remeshing now apparently.  which is all i wanted to begin with...just dont ignore a problem and it wont be a problem!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 09:28:37 AM »
How old are the screens? You can dispute charges on your credit card for a while back. I would think they wouldn't have a leg to stand on for a defence if their website "guarantees"(a word that has lost all meaning in the last 10 years) their product.
On the other hand, you could email them a link to this thread, you would think they would want to make good on their situation  if they would want business from anyone on this forum again....

6 months, some let go very quickly like 1-2 uses.  Some lasted until recently.  Not really the point though.  The "guarantee" states they will never come apart.  We have 100 screens ball park all from them.  Only this last "green glue" batch has let go.  Some of our screens are many years old. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 09:29:44 AM »
no crap, my embroiderer effed up 20 polos for a customer.  They called and after figuring out what happened, we are replacing them(I didn't have to figure out what happened in order to replace them, just so it doesn't happen again.)

Guess what, they thanked me for my customer service.  I stand behind my work...too many in this industry don't...and that goes for manufacturers as well.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 09:32:10 AM »
Screen shot, of course they have now removed it and have a more professional reply.  I love how the first reply is basically calling us a liar.

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 09:51:26 AM »
they just replied on their FB page where i posted it.... HUGE attitude problem.  Then deleted all their posts instantly...not before i screen shotted what they were telling me.

Anyways, they're taking the screens back for remeshing now apparently.  which is all i wanted to begin with...just dont ignore a problem and it wont be a problem!

WOW! Deleting the stuff on their facebook page(not that I understand how the hell to use facebook) but that is soooooooooooooooooooooo shady. It really speaks volumes of a company and their current state or ethics that would remove something like that. It would of been way better morally and as a PR move for them to leave it and publicly apologize and offer to do whatever they can to fix things. Sorry it had to happen to you.
Here is a place we usually buy empty screens from, I believe they have meshed ones as well, good prices too. Not sure if they are closer or a better alternative for you or not, but they have to be better than the BS Pocono just pulled!
https://www.aaframes.com/store/index.php?target=auth&mode=login_form&redirect_url=index.php%3Ftarget%3Dprofiles%26mode%3Dupdate
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline shellyky

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2013, 10:12:23 AM »

https://www.aaframes.com/store/index.php?target=auth&mode=login_form&redirect_url=index.php%3Ftarget%3Dprofiles%26mode%3Dupdate

i get my racks from AAframes.com, super great service and ridiculously fast shipping.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2013, 10:18:14 AM »
I and Gerry (I believe it was him) have bought multiple 12 packs of meshed frames from AA frames via Ebay.  They all held decent tension for a 110 in my opinion and never had any come unglued.

Looks like Pocono insinuated that they called you multiple times with no answer?  No message left? I'm sure you guys have caller ID, maybe they were following up your email with a call as it's more personal in a situation where their product has failed again and they know you're a good customer? Is there a timeline of emails vs. missed calls? Just playing devil's advocate, but I'm with you on the phone call thing.  I hate taking phone calls when an email would have not only been quicker, but a BETTER form of communication.

Offline shellyky

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2013, 10:23:45 AM »
as far as i know, they never called us, i check when it rings when i can, and never saw a PA # that i can remember (i lived there for 6 years, i know the area codes also)....when we called them about returning the others that were coming apart (after all, im not going to send 14 frames out in to thin air to never be returned if they didnt want to remesh them?) they were insistant on there was nothing they could do and pretty much hung up the phone..i remember brandts face when it happened, he was shocked at the conversation that transpired.  Thats why we went to email, and they chose to ignore email at that point....

if they would have told me "you know what, we  are under new ownership, we havent changed our website, we cant really honor our mesh performance, im sorry." i would have sucked it up and moved on to another supplier...but dont just ignore and belittle...i even contacted the old owner (who always seemed nice) and he said wow i'll see what i can do.  never heard back on that so who knows.

At any rate, i sent 7 back in April and now 14 are going back...i believe that makes the whole 20 screens that i ordered.

Offline shellyky

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013, 10:25:57 AM »
We use newmans, but needed a quick 80 screens for a job we needed to hold screens on. Same result from pocono. Keep out of dip tank, and we seem to be avoiding the issue. Cci environ strip and enviro wash for chems. The ones that let go let go immediately. Can't speak for longer term.

Just curious when did this happen?  I'm curious if it was around the same manufacturer date...my dates on my screens are 12/26 or 12/28.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2013, 10:30:42 AM »
My knock on AA screens is that they don't offer dyed mesh until 200.
I use a lot of dyed 160's.
May not bother most, but it's just the way I've done it for a long time.

My problem with most remehes is the two way shipping  that only gets worse with folks on the other side of the country.
That said, I am pretty happy with the Xenon screens, and my new (semi) local supplier, Dynamic, is offering not only the service, but as an exchange program as well.
It's a little scary to try someone new, but the location and cheaper/quicker shipping makes it tempting to try.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2013, 10:38:40 AM »
i agree with frog, I was leaning towards using dyed 160's but then I actually like how my 230's and 305's are dyed and my 110's and 160's are white...kinda splits it quick for me...but now it's all mixed up

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2013, 10:52:40 AM »
I have some AA frames a few years old and they are still in good shape, I agree with Frog I like the dyed mesh also, and that would be the only knock on AA is dye mesh starts in the 200 which I have some of those as well.  I have some Xenon frames not as tight as I would like but are very usable  in the 280 range.  Shellyky hope you guys get everything fixed I know its a pain in the butt tossing away good money for bad product.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2013, 10:53:21 AM »
The real shame on Pocono is not admitting once that they have a conflict with their "guarantee". A simple admittance and showing a genuine concern to resolve the issue goes a really long way with customers.

All they are telling Shelly is send them back we will remesh. What does remesh actually mean? Same glue same metal profiling with a grinder? Since they have a public "Guarantee" I would have asked for an RA# and a refund and went with a new supplier. Hopefully what Shelly gets for replacements hold up but I doubt they would change any major procedure in their system for twenty screens.

Like it has been said several times here the best surface for mesh and glue is one profiled with a bead blast.

The chemical bath they state they do on the new frames is probably pickling to remove impurities but the glues are strong and would hold on any surface with a proper beaded surface.

I have a feeling they have some guy with a rag and a bottle of degreaser wiping the surface down several hundred an hour.
"No man is an island"