Author Topic: Any tips on printing in the side rib cage area of a tshirt?  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

I have 118 shirts to print...one color (white), 2 location (back and the left rib cage area). I have never printed in or around the rib cage area. Any tips on "how-to" or "what to look out for"??

What I PLAN on doing is burning the image as far left of the screen as I can where the image will still be over the pallet and loading my shirt with the side seam lined up perfectly with the side of the pallet figuring this will line up my shirt perfectly straight.

Maybe stand to the side of the pallet and pull the squeegee sideways if I line up my image and shirt how I described above???? I dunno...I'm just guessing on the way to print this.

I'd greatly appreciate any pointers.
Mark

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Any tips on printing in the side rib cage area of a tshirt?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 03:12:16 PM »
Shoot art in center of screen and load shirt using the armpit as your center.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 03:27:45 PM »
I've printed on the side before.
Do a mock up with a paper print or film taped to the shirt on the press and see exactly where it needs to be on the screen (or where the shirt and board need to be as well)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 07:11:37 AM »
Shoot art in center of screen and load shirt using the armpit as your center.

I may go this route..when I went home last night I loaded a shirt like this and it seems to be the way to go. For some reason I thought there was a seam stich down the side of tshirts...I just never paid attention to it before...I grabbed a shirt and I was like "hey..there is no seam!" hahaha...so I loaded the shirt just how you described and realized that's the way to go.
Mark

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 06:41:18 PM »
We do this all the time and Sonny's suggestion is what we do 9 times out of 10.  Bonus is that you can use the same screen for anything getting a standard location in the run.

On your film template, put a simple vector of a shirt in there and you can even give positioning instructions right on the work order. 

On press, lasers are awesome for this I just stuck a couple harbor freight ones on the bottom of our gauntlet's control box for a run today and it was super helpful.  Fat sharpie lines on the platen are fine too.  The key is to use good reference points and also make sure your client knows how the print will look different on a small v. a 3XL with this print location.  Make sure you or you staff slows down at first until they have the hang of loading the garments that way to prevent crooked prints and prints on the wrong side which happens even to me more than I care to admit.