screen printing > Screen Making

Undercutting and detail loss on screens. Quick explanation.

<< < (3/3)

DouglasGrigar:

--- Quote from: Fresh Baked Printing (bkd001) on April 30, 2011, 12:28:27 AM ---For cap film users, another good reason to remove the plastic before exposing. Spot color no big deal to leave it on but on detailed or tight registers, removing the plastic will help with undercutting.
Conversely, but less so, there are times when you want to leave it on to encourage undercutting.
Also, depending how dry the ink is on your positive, leaving the plastic on can help prevent the positive from sticking to the cap film.

--- End quote ---

If you expose both methods, develop and print you will actually see a notable difference in the quality of the line and edge from the two even with the ?just a simple Joe?s Bar and Grill job (C)? spot color prints.

Humidity and the photo-emulsion along with the positive emulsion layer can and does often cause the problem you mention - I would in most cases be willing to sacrifice the positive for a good exposure, the pricing should be sufficient to cover the cost of the positive (I would say should include a profit on the positive BTW).

jsheridan:

--- Quote from: Chadwick on April 30, 2011, 03:16:54 AM ---
I think the biggest problem most face though, is output quality of positives.
Get that right, and everything else, while not simple, will still go much smoother.

--- End quote ---

Make a good black,.. and use a clear film.

Back it up with a good exposure.

Yep, pretty simple.  8)

Chadwick:
 ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version