Author Topic: How do you store your films after use?  (Read 6104 times)

Offline dlac

Re: How do you store your films after use?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 09:44:14 AM »
Pizza boxes... they stack, floor, metal shelving, you can put all the art from one client in one box... I had regular hanging files for art.. the boxes take up less space.. honest
dlac
Rastor to Vector is my favorite.. disastor is my
specialty and Dots make me crazy...

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 10:18:46 AM »
how I keep all my film...

hahahahahha

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 12:39:01 PM »
yeah, because I would use a dell...you might be better off with a hamster and a wheel. ;)

Offline shellyky

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 12:46:59 PM »
..you might be better off with a hamster and a wheel. ;)

confirmed.

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 01:52:58 PM »
well it is really on my server....yeah I don't design..i just need email and internet kid!

Offline Im-Magic

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 10:49:03 PM »
Xray envelopes and wire coathangers held on with a small bulldog clip is the best way I have found in 20 years of looking.
Stuart

Offline ol man

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 11:38:54 AM »
@ SocalMF  --- how long does it take to image a screen? - say a 14 by 16 size image - Asking because, in my situation, we do reorders so frequently , it seems like i'd be waiting on the dts all the time. as opposed to 2 minutes to grab the film and burn.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 12:04:10 PM »
Depending on the model, M&R machines will do between 150 and 350 screens per shift. Of course, your results may vary.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline ol man

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 02:55:31 PM »
thats not bad at all

Offline Extreme Screen Prints

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 02:06:43 PM »
Check out the Gelema System it's the only thing we have used that works and we have tried it all. Uline folders and coat hangers don't hold up very well. We have another small rack in our screen room and each folder is by customer name so all the designs that customer has done throughout the year are in that folder and on reprints we just paperclip the mockups to the front of the folder and that tells the screen dept. what designs to shoot. Also the folder has 2 sides so any sample prints of process jobs or if you tweaked a pantone color your press operators can leave notes in the folder so on the reprint you can repeat your results instead of guessing.

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 02:07:45 PM »
Gelema folders/rack

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 02:24:46 PM »
Gelema folders/rack

I'm digging that!!!..Will look into it right now.
Mark

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 04:45:11 PM »
Gelema folders/rack

I'm digging that!!!..Will look into it right now.

Get out your checkbook.  I liked that system but wasn't willing to pay that much for it so we went the cheaper route.  The Uline folders and coat hangers have held up a lot better than I thought.  We have folders that have been taken down and reprinted 20 or more times and everything is still intact.  Most folders get used only a handful of times before the job is no longer wanted by the customer.  Now we recycle the old folders and put new jobs on them so that saves us a little bit of money.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 06:21:52 PM »
Hey Alan, search for other supplies than Gelema, it doesn't cost all that much compared to uline vanilla folders and coat hangers, You can make the rack system with uchannel and buy the folders for $3.50, our folders travel around our shop and then get filed when the job is done. We have over 100 films in some of our folders and there 2 years old and like new. I am building more racks in our screen room to hold the jobs in que before there finished, I'll share what materials I used when I finish.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2013, 08:24:56 AM »
we used to file everything...back when we had a stat camera.  With digital outputs now, it's faster and usually cheaper to pull the file and reprint.  It costs you less to have 1 employee pull the file and print than it does to file films that you might never use again.

Just a thought.