Author Topic: How many colors do you think this can be done in?  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
How many colors do you think this can be done in?
« on: June 05, 2013, 02:51:21 PM »
Going on many different ground colors. What yall think?

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: How many colors do you think this can be done in?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 06:12:44 PM »
I got 6 including a black for any non black shirts.

Of course I did it through sep studio this afternoon and it looked pretty darn close to the original.   A real separator like Dan would probably come up with something different though.  I've got to where I just send the real complicated stuff to him.  He does some pretty fantastic seps.  I'll try to send the colors tomorrow if you need them.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:14:49 PM by ShirtShackandMore »
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 07:26:01 PM »
As a separation business, I don't just separate how it should look, I separate for what you need it to be.

Many ways to do this. The question I always ask is, Does your customer want to spend the money on getting it to look exactly like this?  If not, what is the budget for pint cost? How many colors can I use.

I can do it in 1 color, 2 colors on up to max out your press. FOr this job to be done (as you see it),

1 Base white (at a minimum).  Two whites are best (for the outline on type. I prefer not to make it too heavy on that first white. Some printers use only thin inks (even for the whites) so that often demands a 2nd white for this.

2 Bright Green
3 Medium Blue - referencing type
4 Medium brown
5 Process Black

A top white if necessary would be the 6th.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline dlac

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 10:31:15 AM »
I am not the separator that dan is but.. I would pretty much do the same colors in vector and do some mixing.. When I first got the Hard Rock round ball to print, they sent me the art and it was 8 colors.. I did it in 5 and sent it to them for approval and they were thrilled.. I was thrilled.. everybody happy...
dlac
Rastor to Vector is my favorite.. disastor is my
specialty and Dots make me crazy...