screen printing > Screen Making

Tape for protecting screen

(1/4) > >>

BorisB:
Which Tape are you using?

Blue tape from R Tape?
Anything from Newman? They have new product, which is transparent and 3" wide. Price per m is surprisingly low for Newman product.
Has anyone tested it?

I remember thread, where tape was discussed on M&R Forum. I think most important was type of adhesive which tape was coated with.

Boris

3Deep:
I went to a brown packing like tape which does a very good job and way cheaper than the blue R Tape  the site is www.itape.com just incase you want to check it out.

Frog:
I am not very familiar with the fancy, or more expensive specialized tapes, but have always looked for tapes with Rubber rather than Acrylic based adhesive.

Clark:
I use Newman Yellow tape on my rollers, then tape the inside of the screen with PMI split tape, and tape of reg marks, etc with standard 3M 2" painters tape. 

blue moon:

--- Quote from: Frog on July 04, 2011, 11:11:01 AM ---I am not very familiar with the fancy, or more expensive specialized tapes, but have always looked for tapes with Rubber rather than Acrylic based adhesive.

--- End quote ---

I have heard that before and have thus always ordered tape with rubber based adhesive. We recently ordered about 5 different tapes form a shipping co and picked the one we liked. At $2.20 per 110 yard roll it is about the third of the cost we were paying before and it works just as well.

Few months back we replaced our scoop coater with a wider one and there is only about 1.5" gap that needs to be covered. So 2" tape works out perfect and is considerably cheper than the 3" we used to use ($7.50).

pierre

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version