Author Topic: Best way to print this?  (Read 1883 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Best way to print this?
« on: May 28, 2013, 11:49:23 AM »
This is going on the back of WHITE tees. Full back print.

We have a Diamondback and can do 5 colors ..these are being thrown out at a MInor League baseball game.

Just trying to figure out the seps...

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Best way to print this?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »
I guess the better question to ask now is what is their main desire in this print?  Giving out tees printed the best they can so that reflects on the quality of the Ford Garage...or are they trying to save money and do cheap tees?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 11:55:41 AM »
This is going on the back of WHITE tees. Full back print.

We have a Diamondback and can do 5 colors ..these are being thrown out at a MInor League baseball game.

Just trying to figure out the seps...
2-5 colors depending on what your customer wants to pay for . . . you could do black and blue and then add as needed gray, another blue and white. I think it would look just fine with two colors (especially since they are going to be throwing them out).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 11:56:56 AM »
BEST PRINT 4 colors:

1 Medium Gray

2 Light blue
3 Dark Blue
4 Black

To save $ - 2 colors:

Black
Medium blue
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 12:04:04 PM »
Dan, could you run this, grey, black, then blue and use the black as a sort of under base to make the darker shade of blue? maybe a wet white to hit the light shade of blue at the top? If it were me, I would run 3 colors and bill for 2. I am not a fan of simulated grey with a black screen on this much open area.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 12:17:00 PM »
Dan, could you run this, grey, black, then blue and use the black as a sort of under base to make the darker shade of blue? maybe a wet white to hit the light shade of blue at the top? If it were me, I would run 3 colors and bill for 2. I am not a fan of simulated grey with a black screen on this much open area.

Yes, in fact, that would actually look smoother and richer if it works out.  The kicker is tho, that the look of that darker blue becomes contingent on what shade of lighter blue we use.

If it's leaning more towards the whiter blues, the darker blue could end up looking like more of a dark gray blue instead of a rich deep blue. If we go the opposite direction and use a more richer medium blue...that can make a really nice darker blue when running black under it...but then throws off the shade of (light blue) at top.
Mixing that with a wet white would help that...but then adds another color. So in the end, you may as well use two shades of blue + black and a gray.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 02:21:22 PM »
i agree, I would avoid a simulated gray and use a spot gray that with a gradient

so:
gray
black
light blue
dark blue

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 02:30:57 PM »
This is a design if you just glance at it can be miss quoted very easily, looks very simple, but has a little more going on to make it right.  I have customers that bring me in design's like this and tell oh its two colors , but once I look at it I might see more colors after they tell me what shirt color they want...with all that being said, just a give away and they need cheap, two colors and depend on order size I might toss in an extra color for a wow factor ( let them know that)

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 04:05:28 PM »
i was thinking the Black, Grey, and Royal...I dont think the Blue has to be a Dark Blue..Think i could get away with the royal for these...

Goes with a 5 color front...but its on white and theres 600 of these..

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 04:40:59 PM »
My suggestion is:  gray, blue, process black, process white over.
Dale Hoyal