Author Topic: The honeymoon is over: Sad day with our Aquasol HV  (Read 5018 times)

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: The honeymoon is over: Sad day with our Aquasol HV
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 02:15:02 PM »
Ditch the Jantex.

Aquasol and CCI/Rutland are a proven combo, unless you got a bad batch of either. (not out of the question)

In this game I like to stick with the major players.

Exactly! Ditch the Jantex. Why you are even messing around with anything other than the Rutland or CCI is a waste of time. You have something wrong with either the emulsion or the ink itself. If you use one brand use the correct chemicals that go with it. Mixing manufactures can cause nothing but problems. Look at the last that complained about HV that was using CCI hardener. Problems...... ::) Use Murikami harder = no problems. I can run hundreds of prints with no diazo and just hardener on one side no problem. No post exposing either.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Admiral

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2013, 03:08:05 PM »
If you want piece of mind use a pure diazo emulsion for that 2k job.  I've done 6.5k pieces with 2 screens, coulda been done with one but it was printed over 2-3 days and wasn't cleaned out nicely enough once.  SP-1400.  Just ask for a sample from Murakami.  We buy 4 quarts at a time for the gallon price and use it for water based printing.

I doubt this happened to you but if that emulsion was mixed over 4 weeks ago that could be the problem.  When we got dual cure emulsion in 5 gallon quantities we ran into that problem once and changed back to 1gal for dual cure.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2013, 03:19:17 PM »
I haven't used it for any long runs but SP-1400 seems great. I just did 100 discharge prints and didn't seem to phase the emulsion at all. I even let it sit there after I was done while I stacked the shirts and it did not phase it. Of course it was only 100 pieces.