Author Topic: discharge base on poly?  (Read 1224 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
discharge base on poly?
« on: May 24, 2013, 05:39:20 PM »
We are trying to print a 4 color print, using a discharge base (80 clear base/20 d-white, both CCI), and every time i do this, it comes out really bad, and not great looking.

any tips? Our dryer is at 310, belt is at 15, and it just looks pretty badly dye migrated.

We are printing through a 160, with a smiling jack, no flash, and three plastisol highlights on top, 272, 305, 355. These are going on AA 50/50, which i know are bad, but we can never get them looking good.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: discharge base on poly?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 06:22:19 PM »
They may not ever be right. 50/50 is hit or miss. I can discharge 50/50 Spectras and they come out perfect but do the same thing on a AA it just does not fly. Sometimes you just have to use plastisol.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 06:32:04 PM »
We print water base (dark on light garments) on 50/50's all the time. We do discharge as well but it can be a crap shoot. AA's and Gildan tend to work more often than not but we always inform the client. We have more luck with AA as all of the blanks come from the same dye location. However, that is still not a guarantee as the dye lots can be different or they can dye royal blue shirts black as they do from time to time when they are swamped.

But you are doing a discharge underbase with plastisol on top. You should be fine. Let me guess though, are these "heathered" shirts or a plain color?

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 08:22:34 PM »
Our print is a 3 color plastisol highlight, with a DCub. We are using the black bb401 tees, and i've never been able to get these to work with a DCub. other shirts no problem, but these look like they are getting crazy dye migration, right out of the ol dryer!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 10:20:09 PM »
You might have run into some over dyed pieces.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin