Author Topic: Vintage photo of Photoshop 3.2  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Vintage photo of Photoshop 3.2
« on: May 17, 2013, 09:11:54 PM »
This is what I call a full house.  I also have Illustrator 88.  :D  Gotta love that.

Speaking of witch, I am looking for Photoshop version 3.  If anyone has that. I'd like to get it from you if you are not wanting it. Will trade for something.

Thanks
Dan

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
Re: Vintage photo of Photoshop 3.2
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 10:52:23 PM »

Speaking of witch, I am looking for Photoshop version 3.

Well I guess you have to upgrade sometime...
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 03:10:30 AM »

So when does your episode of Hoarders air?
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 04:16:57 AM »
When I moved out of my warehouse a couple of years ago, I tossed boxes of Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator and Pagemaker on diskette. All had the box and book that came with it. Got tired of moving it from place to place. Photoshop 2.5, Illustrator 3.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 05:31:19 PM »
What that the PS without layers? I can't remember the version I started with but it was the first version that had layers.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 05:37:17 PM »
That would be Photoshop version 3. I happened to be reading up on what each version did and 3 is when the introduced layers.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 06:52:42 PM »
Then I worked in a version of 3. Wow that was a long time ago. It wasn't the current version when I worded in 3. Its amazing how far they have come.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 02:59:20 PM »
My first copy was 2.0, it came in a bundle with a UMAX 300 pip scanner, and our still running Roland PNC-1100 plotter, and a raster to vector software called Epsi...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 03:19:06 PM »

Started working as a designer in 1987 but never even touched Photoshop till version 5.

A long-time luddite, I hated computers until they became fast and reliable enough not to be frustrating. Plus, they were so damn expensive in the '90s... I used Corel Draw, Freehand and Illustrator/Typestyler to create type and shapes at t-shirt shops I worked for, but I hand drew and cut anything I could. It wasn't till '95 or so that I made an entire t-shirt design from scratch using only software (Illustrator).

Now I kind of wish I'd gotten into it sooner, but also kind of glad I didn't... you do get rusty if you don't practice sketching.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 05:46:26 PM »
Hi guys i found this book of photoshop the most down to earth book ever
is written by the guys whom help built the software

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 11:29:50 AM »
I got that one...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 11:39:08 AM »
So Dan what are you going to do with those old programs, will they even run on the new computers....I still got a win95 and still use a win 98 for my seps....even have an old mac with the disc drive built in, I just can't seem to part with it black & white screen.... gotta love it.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!