Author Topic: FONT ID HELP PLEASE  (Read 2373 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
FONT ID HELP PLEASE
« on: May 28, 2013, 02:18:28 PM »
Any suggestions on this font please?
thanks
 mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: FONT ID HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 03:17:35 PM »
I just looked through all of my 2000 fonts. Nope. Don't have it, but I tried.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 04:09:28 PM »
huh, we have 150K fonts and it would take days to go through them. If you do find what it is, chances are we might have it and I can typeset it for you!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 04:27:39 PM »
Bookman Italic with swash. See the attachment.
I don't have it but I recognized it from a $h!tty logo I designed about 25 years ago that's STILL on a watertower.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 04:29:05 PM »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 04:44:26 PM »
we have it in bold and outline, no luck on the regular or italic version. If you can use those, I'll typset it for you and convert to curves!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 07:57:20 PM »
Hey Tom & Pierre,
That id the font thanks for the help, Pierre sent you a PM if you can help.
THANK YOU both for supporting the moose :)
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 09:25:55 PM »
Bookman Italic with swash. See the attachment.
I don't have it but I recognized it from a $h!tty logo I designed about 25 years ago that's STILL on a watertower.

I happened to run across a free download for Bookman Demi Italic SWA.  How the heck do you get a "swash" cuz it sure isn't in the font body.  Unless what they said it was, it wasn't.  Somehow that sounds like something Yogi would have said.                         
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 06:29:09 AM »
To be honest, the last time I used it was either set from an AM Comp-Set typesetter or from Chartpak or LetraSet rub-off type. Still got my burnisher in case of the apocalypse, though.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 07:49:14 PM »
we have it in bold and outline, no luck on the regular or italic version. If you can use those, I'll typset it for you and convert to curves!

pierre

Pierre thanks for the help the fonts you directed me to worked perfectly, customer's shirt from previous printer and your font suggestions.
THANK YOU
mooseman