Author Topic: Recent Incoming Shipping Issues  (Read 734 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Recent Incoming Shipping Issues
« on: August 05, 2020, 02:19:47 PM »
So, I have had problems with 3 of my last 4 orders from San Mar Reno. Usually one day, these have somehow slipped through some cracks, and don't even seem to be in the system until after the apparent cut-off time for getting it on a truck, and over the mountain to its next two transfers.
San Mar has said that UPS has warned them that they are short-staffed and can't promise the same 1 day service we've grown accustomed to, but I still wonder exactly what's going on.
One day, I made 2 separate orders (one at noon, another four hours later), and the later one was the only one that arrived the next day.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 03:40:33 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline KevinD

• Verified/Junior
Re: Recent Incoming Shipping Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 03:31:37 PM »
Same issues with FEDEX.  There has been a huge increase in volumes because of COVID home shopping. Plus transfer stations understaffed because of lack of employees willing to work.  What i have found is that there are "hotspot" transfer stations that are causing a lot of the trouble. We have a real bad one in Michigan for FEDEX. Oak Park.  It can take 3 to 4 days to get a package thru this station.  This issue is nationwide and all package delivery companies are dealing with it.
Kevin Dumont/General Manager/GM Graphics
Office 231-652.2210 ext 218 Cell  616-322-5925
kdumont@gmcompanies.com www.gmgraphicssupply.com
Facebook/Instragram/Linkedin/Youtube  "GM Graphics"

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 03:44:48 PM »
right on Broder's website it says something about shipping delays too...I used to get everything next day but everyone is lagging behind. UPS is over worked, Fedex ALWAYS sucked in my area, everyone is doing the best they can with what they have. I was getting stressed over it until I said, what the hell for? It's just a t-shirt. Not like you're going anywhere  ;D... relax, it's done when it's done....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 04:03:20 PM »
Andy our shipments go through two hotspots as described above. West Sac and North Concord.
N.C. handles the Lamorinda hills, these are the people ordering new couches to be delivered etc.
An exaggeration, but not really. I've been told that both are older buildings not designed for peak
season volume for 6 months straight.

It's getting a lot better than it was a month ago, we went to track down a big shipment at the hub and
lord have mercy there was boxes literally falling out of the place. A line of customers in the same predicament
us us wrapping around the block, and a second line of employment applications the same length.

Like Homer I decided a while ago to chill the eff out. Or as the lady at the metal store said "oh you've already had
your mental tune up" when I said I didn't mind waiting.

Offline twins

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 04:32:35 PM »
Shipping delays are the current problem, but I think we will be dealing with shortages in the near future.

Regular t-shirt stock seems to be running out at major supplies.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 04:36:26 PM »
Same here, all AB orders take at least a couple of days, but the recent reopening of their Massachusetts facility has helped that. SanMar out of Robbinsville has been good, but further out west have more delays...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 08:34:06 PM »
I use S&S. The amount of issues as of lately is unreal. Delays, missing boxes, lost boxes, being short items is the norm now.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 08:34:32 AM »
Its not just Sanmar, its Alpha, S&S and others. We've seen delays from each. Even when they get it right UPS is seeing some delays. FedEx I overnight shipped something that shipped the 30th, it comes today. That's how things are going as far as transit.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 09:36:48 AM »
Just more to contend with, order early and often (that sounds a little familiar)

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't