Author Topic: Sad goodbyes :-[  (Read 1565 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Sad goodbyes :-[
« on: May 09, 2013, 01:40:39 PM »
Anyone ever sell a piece of gear and really hate seeing it go? Just watched our first dryer pull out a few mins ago. Our M&R Economax2 was sold today, but to a really cool young printer from Miami who, according to him says buying this dryer is the second best thing to come into his shop. I know it's just a little dryer, but that little dryer stuck with us from a manual up to our auto and actually ran with our auto for 3 years growing us to the next level. I'm at least thankful that it went to someone who was super excited to have his first piece of M&R gear, but who is passionate about screen printing. He prints his own Miami based clothing line currently using 3 manual presses and looking to increase with another 2 or 3 manuals before stepping into an auto. I'll post the link to the video he is going to send me, but he plans to take the dryer and mount it on a retro fit old hix that he has as a return belt boomerang kinda contraption. Curious to see how that works, but regardless, it was sad to see our little guy leave today. It was nice to hear someone so excited to buy something that had quite a bit of use because it was from M&R. He bought this used dryer over the choice of a new vastex. Good gear gives people even in the used market piece of mind on a purchase. Best of luck to Mike from LikeMike Screen Printing Miami.

Mike
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: Sad goodbyes :-[
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 05:36:22 PM »
That little Economax II probably has another 10-15 years of life left in the heating elements. He will be a happy camper for years to come!
Rich Hoffman

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 05:41:34 PM »
Hey sent me a text a couple hours ago saying him adding this little dryer has him as excited as his IPhone  ;D

Offline virgil427

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 06:18:23 PM »
[quote author=screenprintguy link=topic=8084.msg81493#msg81493 date=1368121239 I know it's just a little dryer, but that little dryer stuck with us from a manual up to our auto and actually ran with our auto for 3 years growing us to the next level.

Mike
[/quote]
I know it doesn't make sense but I get attached too, that little dryer helped build your business, like a good freind moving away. When I decided to get serious about printing I was hauling gravel for driveways and sold my dumptruck to buy my dryer I still miss my truck, but I have a nice new dryer

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 06:22:20 PM »
man, a dump truck? that must have been even tougher, you actuallly got to drive around in that bad boy  ;D I know what you mean though.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 07:31:57 PM »
Isold our first auto, a Gauntlet, about five years ago. It was about nine years old then. I still visit it and its current owners from time to time. Hated to see her go, but we just plain outgrew her. She's still running hard every day. (wiping a tear from my eye)
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 11:57:43 AM »
I remember tearing down and getting rid of our lawson vector last year. My father bought it in '93 right before the Indians starting playing well. I was in 8th grade printing shirts all night and day on that machine after they won the ALCS. Watching the games on a little TV in the warehouse and then firing up the machine as soon as we got the go ahead.  The machine was a huge POS but I knew how to fix every single part on it. I was very sad to see it go, but very happy to get our M&R.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 12:34:23 PM »
I sold off the gaunlet not long ago, that press was a mule, stubborn, but it was also a worker.  A hard worker.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 11:29:49 PM »
Try selling...everything.

It still hurts.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline virgil427

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 07:53:07 AM »
man, a dump truck? that must have been even tougher, you actuallly got to drive around in that bad boy  ;D I know what you mean though.
It was tough to see someone else driving the old girl, lot of good miles and memories and some damn funny stories but it helped me go forward. Now my next move will be a new press and when we do we're going too shove the old one into the corner just to remind us what we went through

Offline Spreading Ink

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 02:21:46 AM »
We've not sold a lot of equipment through the years...but I have to admit I get a bit nostalgic about seeing something that helped us grow or did a good job for us go.  I always hope the next guy or gal get's as much good out of it as us. 
Spreading Ink
3031 E Cherry St.
Springfield, MO 65802
417-771-3855
Vist us on Facebook!

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 03:39:28 AM »
40 years in the Mothers And Fathers Italian Association has taught me to never own anything you can't walk away from ;)
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.