Author Topic: M&R Challenger I  (Read 26897 times)

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: M&R Challenger I
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2013, 03:32:25 PM »
Tough spot.  I see good/bad of both ways.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime as they say.  In this case you bought used, these things happens with used stuff.  Not that can't happen with new, I mean look how many presses ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WUBYAAAAAAAAAA BEEEEEEEEEEE has dropped.  Talking more about like true professional companies. 

Sorry to see it happen though.

I didn't see it drop just a loud thud and what sounded like a little girl screaming when seeing a spider ;D

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2013, 03:56:30 PM »
Tough spot.  I see good/bad of both ways.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime as they say.  In this case you bought used, these things happens with used stuff.  Not that can't happen with new, I mean look how many presses ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WUBYAAAAAAAAAA BEEEEEEEEEEE has dropped.  Talking more about like true professional companies. 

Sorry to see it happen though.

I didn't see it drop just a loud thud and what sounded like a little girl screaming when seeing a spider ;D

:D
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2013, 03:59:51 PM »
This sucks having to look at this trashed press in pieces spread across 6 pallets and not being able to do anything about it.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2013, 04:13:13 PM »
I wonder if he has an installer come in and install everything that is usable and have the machine running for him if he can also roll the tech charges into his claim. He could say that he intended to do the install himself but then had to hire a tech because of the damage.

"No man is an island"

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2013, 04:16:56 PM »
I wonder if he has an installer come in and install everything that is usable and have the machine running for him if he can also roll the tech charges into his claim. He could say that he intended to do the install himself but then had to hire a tech because of the damage.

Probably would depend on the terms of the insurance on the goods.  I would assume no.  In other words I would assume if the goods are worth X, he cant make more than X on the deal. 

I think for me if the press has been hit that hard in any place I wouldn't want it at that point and I would push hard for it to be "totaled".  I think with the age of the machine that could help his case.  "Parts are hard to get".  (even though not totally true).
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2013, 04:41:42 PM »

Probably would depend on the terms of the insurance on the goods.  I would assume no.  In other words I would assume if the goods are worth X, he cant make more than X on the deal. 

I think for me if the press has been hit that hard in any place I wouldn't want it at that point and I would push hard for it to be "totaled".  I think with the age of the machine that could help his case.  "Parts are hard to get".  (even though not totally true).

ditto!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2013, 06:15:20 PM »
Sorry to hear about your problems......

As a former insurance adjuster I can tell trucking (and moving company) insurance claims sucked...They find every possible way to "squirm" out of paying claims or blame them on someone else........You will probably need a lawyer......And with most claims like this, any costs to prove your claim are usually not covered......

Good luck....

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2013, 06:16:10 PM »
I've yet to see an insurance claim that someone didn't try and squirm out of.

Offline dj

« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2013, 09:59:42 AM »
Any updates?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2013, 06:26:31 PM »
Nothing, cant even get a repair estimate from a tech.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2013, 09:53:29 PM »
Nothing, cant even get a repair estimate from a tech.
Rumor has it that a california dreamer is out your way. 8) 8) 8)
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2013, 10:06:55 PM »
The Dreamer is nearby. A few hours away probably. But had a local M&R tech out 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back. Something tells me they want no part in this, I guess that's understandable seeing that they didn't sell it to me.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2013, 10:13:32 AM »
The Dreamer is nearby. A few hours away probably. But had a local M&R tech out 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back. Something tells me they want no part in this, I guess that's understandable seeing that they didn't sell it to me.
I have checked our service reports and dont see a service call from our group or a request. What was the technicians name?
Rich Hoffman

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2013, 10:47:24 AM »
His name is Onesemio, I believe that's how you spell it. Im not in the office so his card is not in front of me at the moment.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2013, 02:55:49 PM »
He turned it in to his manager who had not processed it. You should get a quote shortly. I still think its a waste of money to buy this machine but I understand the reasoning.
Rich Hoffman