Author Topic: M&R Challenger I  (Read 26932 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: M&R Challenger I
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2013, 06:46:00 PM »
I've never had to file claim on freight but I bet ya a nickel they will do all they can to get out of it.  This is where proper freight class, crating, and crossing those Ts and dotting the Is might make or break the situation for you.  I wouldn't make a move until you get pics to them of the situation and get an initial response.  I'm sure Bill will be very helpful here given the number of shipments he goes through in a year.

What I hate about freight damage is how you sometimes can't see what's going on until you uncrate completely and the LTL companies feel like their no longer responsible at that point.

Keep calm and stay on point with it, you'll pull through.   

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2013, 07:24:18 PM »
Man that is ruff stuff! I can only imagine what you must be going through. Was it you or someone else who was asking about freight classifications a bit back? Here is a good lesson for everyone why it is important to use the right one. I hope everything works out for you, that would be a hell of a pickle to be in.

Do you mind if I ask what freight company shipped the press? Please keep us all updated on what happens. With the amount of used equipment out there it is bound to be helpful for someone down the line.... Just sucks it happened though.

Good luck, I'm not a religious man by any means but I always think things happen for a reason. Not saying you deserve something bad, lets just hope something way better comes out of it!
Heres to hoping/wishing the insurance buys you a NEW CH IIID!(or whatever it is you daydream about)
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2013, 07:40:20 PM »
It ended up being class 175. I will reveal the trucking company when this gets worked out.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2013, 11:36:10 AM »
Update?
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2013, 12:30:14 PM »
Just filing claims. Freight declined to inspect the freight. Other than that it looks like I will have someone to assemble this thing in the next week or two. The claim process can take up to 120 days.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2013, 01:03:13 PM »
Just filing claims. Freight declined to inspect the freight. Other than that it looks like I will have someone to assemble this thing in the next week or two. The claim process can take up to 120 days.

WOW that long? 

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2013, 01:05:23 PM »
Yeah that was my thought but the law states they have 30 days to even acknowledge a claim and 120 days to make a determination

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2013, 01:11:30 PM »
Yeah that was my thought but the law states they have 30 days to even acknowledge a claim and 120 days to make a determination

OUCH!  Keep us updated, that's wild 120 days is acceptable amount of time. 

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2013, 01:15:59 PM »
I seriously would not get a tech in there! There is a high likelihood of not being able to get it up and running properly or the freight company just scrapping the whole thing. You'll be spending money on something you might not recover. Even if they give you the money to replace the bent pieces, there is no guarantee that you don't have a bent shaft or some other critical issue that they would then refuse to cover.

Have them reimburse you for the press and have BIll find you another one.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2013, 01:29:55 PM »
I seriously would not get a tech in there! There is a high likelihood of not being able to get it up and running properly or the freight company just scrapping the whole thing. You'll be spending money on something you might not recover. Even if they give you the money to replace the bent pieces, there is no guarantee that you don't have a bent shaft or some other critical issue that they would then refuse to cover.

pierre

Thats what I was thinking.  SECOND you start putting it together I think you'd have less of a case.  Id demand full payment for press and buy another one. 

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2013, 01:32:25 PM »

pierre
That is what I would like to do. I just have to wait for responses on the claims. This sucks cause now I am getting busy and no auto!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2013, 01:37:05 PM »
I second Pierre's suggestion...and not that you need us all telling you what to do here, haha,...but it is a very real possibility that your tech time spent exploring whether or not the press is totally fubar will outweigh the machine's value.  Have a tech come in and verify the machine is "totalled", provide that to the freight co. and it might help steer them into just refunding your $ and you can move on to another challenger, harvesting the useable parts from this one and scrapping the rest of it. 

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2013, 02:33:51 PM »
I would bring a tech in to inspect it.  Do your homework.  The tech should be able to tell you what is good and bad and if it's fixable.  It's better to go into the claim full of knowledge than to go in not know what's going on.

What happens if the M&R factory tech says it's a total loss because the center shaft is jacked and their tech says it's fixable?

This is very similar to what happened to my van a couple months back.  I had my figures all worked up already for the insurance, a lot of folks would have just taken the original offer and been done with it.

Education.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »
Unfourtinatly if the machine is totaled by an outside "expert" the shipper may only pay fare market value which may be below the paid price. You may also loose the cost of shipping and any other incurred expenses. The shipper/insurer will do what ever they can to not have to pay a dime.

Just being the devils advocate.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2013, 03:03:42 PM »
Tough spot.  I see good/bad of both ways.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime as they say.  In this case you bought used, these things happens with used stuff.  Not that can't happen with new, I mean look how many presses ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WUBYAAAAAAAAAA BEEEEEEEEEEE has dropped.  Talking more about like true professional companies. 

Sorry to see it happen though.