Author Topic: M&R Challenger I  (Read 26931 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: M&R Challenger I
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2013, 01:07:49 AM »
Oops I forgot to mention Bill Foust is the broker we are going thru. Very happy with the communication from him so far. I have heard nothing but good things about him as well.

I will keep you in mind J for sure. Thanks

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2013, 12:03:01 AM »
Well I almost got the new press today. The shipper did not communicate to me until 2 hours before the truck showed up so I was not prepared with a forklift!! Oh well it is gonna be 102-109 degrees this weekend so I would not have wanted to mess with it. I will have the crates in the shop on Monday morning.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2013, 12:15:14 AM »
Awesome!!!

Offline cvreeland

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2013, 11:57:27 AM »
I'm not finding much info about Bill Faust. I keep a folder full of bookmarks for used equipment dealers, and would like to add him to it, if he has a web page.
Owner, writer Art Wear - a screen printing blog

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2013, 12:11:35 PM »
I'm not finding much info about Bill Faust. I keep a folder full of bookmarks for used equipment dealers, and would like to add him to it, if he has a web page.

I know he runs this place.
http://aero-inc.com/

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2013, 12:20:32 PM »

we bought a dryer through him last year and he was a pleasure to deal with. There were no issues with the dryer as Bill was very upfront about it so I can't tell what would happen if there was a problem, but everybody we talked to spoke highly of him and he assured us that he would take care of any issues ( and there is ZERO reasons to not believe him).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2013, 12:54:42 PM »
Well this thing is probably a paper weight now. The trucking company damaged this thing like you wouldn't believe. I am pissed!!!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2013, 12:55:02 PM »
And that is just what is obvious

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2013, 12:56:46 PM »
sh1t, that printhead is toast.  The hub of the machine might be ok.  this is why insurance is an important thing.

I hate to see good equipment like this get trashed become useless.  Same thing that happened to our van.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2013, 12:59:10 PM »
That is 2 different printheads! That's just what I can see.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2013, 01:03:36 PM »
Hope you got GOOD insurance for this sucker.  Gonna cost a lot, if not totally pointless to fix.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2013, 01:08:26 PM »
Just found a 3rd one bent to hell. I dont know what "good" insurance is but I got insurance on it. Crap now I have to find another machine which totally blows cause my money is tied up in this scrap metal! I am screwed!!!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2013, 01:16:23 PM »
HOLY SH!T.....Gerry!? did the truck flip over?! what's their excuse? I would have beat the driver until I was swinging stumps...what does bill have to say? holy smokes...I feel terrible for you.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2013, 01:38:52 PM »
Gerry,
I have spare parts to fix it. Your F'd if they damaged the PLC and that is what matters. Those all thread parts are weak and bend easy. That machine is a tank and unless it fell off the truck it will be ok.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2013, 01:58:58 PM »
Yeah I am sure it can be fixed but I dont have the money to pour into this thing. I am going to file a claim and see what happens. This has just broke my spirit. I am dang near broke financially as it is and now this.