Author Topic: I'm a rookie and I made a rookie mistake hahaha  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: I'm a rookie and I made a rookie mistake hahaha
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 11:33:12 AM »
here is an idea I've thought about since I've burned a few platens myself, is putting a automatic timer on my flash, so after a hour or what I have it set for it will go off.  I saw some timers that you can just plug in at Home Depot...my flash is a 110 so it might work, any thoughts on this?

Darryl

Perhaps, just the addition of a rotating or sliding motorized head saves many from this danger.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline woodrow

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 11:43:43 AM »
We had a shirt stuck in the dryer that caught fire and flames reached through the vent on top of the dryer which in turn lit the lint and dust on the electric pole that quickly started up and across the rafters in the ceiling. After several extinguishers and it basically burning itself out it was the yellow powder that was hard to clean up not to mention it wasn't breathable either. We now clean dust and lint as part of annual preventive maintenance!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 12:08:53 PM »
I had my house clothes dryer to catch fire from lint build up, that taught me a big lesson to always clean lint from you dryer.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 12:35:54 PM »
bin dare, dun dat. Think that'll ever happen again? Probably not, at least for a long time. Glad it wasn't a lot worse...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 02:01:57 PM »
Ask Brian about how he tried to burn down my parents' house.  After Katrina (we were "hobby" printing in the garage of a house that got a foot of water) so we temporarily moved everything to my parents' house.  Brian went upstairs for a brief period and our old 8-color chaparral decided to rotate while he was upstairs.  I drove up the driveway and smelled something burning (garage doors were closed).  When I opened the inside door to the garage couldn't see anything but smoke.  A little ceiling patching and painting and no harm done.  It was a good thing I got there when I did!

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 03:10:21 PM »
Just to respond to Michael's highly uncharitable post:

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire

or maybe it was...

Talking Heads "Burning Down the House"

-Brian

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 10:02:40 PM »
As many know, I burned my entire shop (on my residential property) down a few years back with your flash dryer's second cousin!
I was no rookie at the time.

My new shop's much nicer, but there are far less drastic ways to start a renovation.

Well you clearly need a better user name.  Here is some ideas.

Inferno
FireStarter
BackDraft
FireHouse
DiscoInferno

Proceed.

Personally, I'd prefer fried frog legs........
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers