Author Topic: I can never say thank you enough  (Read 1665 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I can never say thank you enough
« on: May 10, 2013, 08:42:51 PM »
sad, funny and beautiful all at the same time a little Robin Williams on red white & blue reality.......................to all the Vets out there, many of you here on TSB, on the approaching memorial day mooseman says to you all of you.......THANK YOU because ...........I get to be here................ because you were there. 
My deepest respect to all America's Sons and Daughters of Freedom.

http://biggeekdad.com/2012/03/robin-williams-american-flag/
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: I can never say thank you enough
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 11:31:11 PM »
As my jarhead son gets ready to head back to Afg, I'd like to echo the same sentiments.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Audifox

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 12:49:00 AM »
As my jarhead son gets ready to head back to Afg, I'd like to echo the same sentiments.
How many times now Wayne?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 01:41:31 PM »
3 to Iraq and 1 previous to Afghanistan.  This time though is not supposed to be out on patrols.  He's a CWO2 and I think soon to be CWO3 in Embark MOS. 
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Spreading Ink

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 02:37:32 AM »
Thanks for saying thanks, but really for myself and most of the other veterans that I know we'd all say it was our pleasure to serve. 

Kennedy had it right when he said “I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.”

23 years started as an E1 and retired as an O-4E select. 

Now I just make t-shirts!   :)  But I do miss being on the ocean sometimes.

Big shout out and thanks to all of the current brothers in arms keeping the watch and fighting for the ideals of our liberty and freedom! 
Spreading Ink
3031 E Cherry St.
Springfield, MO 65802
417-771-3855
Vist us on Facebook!

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 07:45:32 AM »
Hey Spreadingink...
we are so well off in this great country that we forget what it takes to acheive this level of comfort and freedom. It is kinda like having all the money you could ever possibly need you tend to squander it and fail to appreciate it for the comforts and flexibility it can bring.

Freedom in some respects is like lots and lots of money in your pocket...you expect it to be there any time you need it , expect you can do anything with it , most times you have no clue what it took to acheive it because it was handed to you as a birth right..........so in my mind in some ways freedom and tons of money are alike.

Here is the part where the two seperate likeness ..if you are free you can always make money.... if you are not free you will pay any amount of money or take any risk and make any sacrifice to get your freedom back......... Every Son and Daughter of Freedom took / make that sacrifice , take that risk and  pay the price for us every day.....
It started before you and I were born and with any luck we will never be so couched in our freedom it will be squandered away like too much money. 

So as much as you and many like you  do not feel the need to hear it ,you and millions like you lined up to take the risk, make the sacrifice and in too many cases pay the price for everything we have here today.

I can never say thank you enough................................
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline dsh

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 08:29:05 AM »
My wife's first husband was killed in Vietnam in 68.  She was getting her fingernails done a couple years ago by a Vietnamese girl and the war came up in their conversation.  My wife reflected on what had happened.  The girl looked her in the eye and soberly said 'then I should thank you for my freedom'.  It was nice to hear a thank you.

Offline Spreading Ink

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 01:49:25 PM »
Hey Spreadingink...
we are so well off in this great country that we forget what it takes to acheive this level of comfort and freedom. It is kinda like having all the money you could ever possibly need you tend to squander it and fail to appreciate it for the comforts and flexibility it can bring.

Thanks Mooseman - great analogy and very true by my way of thinking.
Spreading Ink
3031 E Cherry St.
Springfield, MO 65802
417-771-3855
Vist us on Facebook!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 03:10:22 PM »
Thanks for saying thanks, but really for myself and most of the other veterans that I know we'd all say it was our pleasure to serve. 

Kennedy had it right when he said “I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.”

23 years started as an E1 and retired as an O-4E select. 

Now I just make t-shirts!   :)  But I do miss being on the ocean sometimes.

Big shout out and thanks to all of the current brothers in arms keeping the watch and fighting for the ideals of our liberty and freedom!

there are only two things I wanted in life that I did not get. In both cases it was a calculated decision to step off the path leading me in the right direction, but the desire, as illogical and impractical as it was (considering where I was going in life), still lingers in my head. Being an officer in the Navy was one of them. I started as an E-1 and was frocked E-5 1 year and 11 months later. Had 4.0 evals within the first year on the ship and had an opportunity to go officer route had I chosen to stay. Something about "an officer and a gentleman" has always appealed to me very deeply, but alas, not as much as "a gentleman and a scholar".  I left the Navy after my four years and went back to school for computer engineering (something I wanted to dig into since I was a kid). I have no regrets, but the desire still lingers . . .

here's to making T-Shirts!!!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 03:11:42 PM »
Oh, and do I miss the Ocean.  :'(

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 07:47:15 PM »
I get seasick just 10 miles from shore....fishing.