Author Topic: New incentive to combat the dreaded miss-spellings post approval/mid run  (Read 2937 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
We have all had that dreaded misspelled name or word or phone number ect that somehow slips through original art, in-house proofing, customer sign off, and pre-press/pre-production proofing only to be spotted mid run, or even worse after the run. We just had this happen begining of this week on a run, that had already had both sleeves printed, the front printed, and then mid way through the run, the back which was full of sponsors a misspelled word. This had been approved and proofed by everyone here and the customer. Now we can argue that the customer approved it so run with it, but as a small business we do not like to argue with customers over such things and rather find a happy medium. What worked out for us was the word was easily zimmed out with the spot gun and the customer agreed to zimm it out rather than leave it. Had it not been that so much other decorating had been done before this was found, obviously replacing the shirts would have been better, but these had a lot of work put into them and we thought this to be the best course if the customer was cool with it. At any rate, a gallon of fluid for the gun and a couple hours zimming and we were good. SOOOOOOOO, my wife came up with a good incentive to really make staff be on the search for anything that could be wrong. Each instance, caught, "post customer approval" reaps a reward of a $20 gift card, or $20 bill, which ever someone wants for the catch. She put this in order yesterday, and this morning already someone was on the hunt and found one. This time, not a misspelled word, but a missing word, very important part of a verse. Caught it, contacted the customer, they were super happy for that catch, $20 bonus well earned Autumn!!!

Amazing what a little incentive can do!! ;D
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
We have all had that dreaded misspelled name or word or phone number ect that somehow slips through original art, in-house proofing, customer sign off, and pre-press/pre-production proofing only to be spotted mid run, or even worse after the run. We just had this happen begining of this week on a run, that had already had both sleeves printed, the front printed, and then mid way through the run, the back which was full of sponsors a misspelled word. This had been approved and proofed by everyone here and the customer. Now we can argue that the customer approved it so run with it, but as a small business we do not like to argue with customers over such things and rather find a happy medium. What worked out for us was the word was easily zimmed out with the spot gun and the customer agreed to zimm it out rather than leave it. Had it not been that so much other decorating had been done before this was found, obviously replacing the shirts would have been better, but these had a lot of work put into them and we thought this to be the best course if the customer was cool with it. At any rate, a gallon of fluid for the gun and a couple hours zimming and we were good. SOOOOOOOO, my wife came up with a good incentive to really make staff be on the search for anything that could be wrong. Each instance, caught, "post customer approval" reaps a reward of a $20 gift card, or $20 bill, which ever someone wants for the catch. She put this in order yesterday, and this morning already someone was on the hunt and found one. This time, not a misspelled word, but a missing word, very important part of a verse. Caught it, contacted the customer, they were super happy for that catch, $20 bonus well earned Autumn!!!

Amazing what a little incentive can do!! ;D

I like this idea a lot.  May steal it. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline sullyman

• Verified/Junior
Thats a great idea.... money is a motivator  ;)

Shoot, now you've got me wanting to help!  :P
John Sullivan / Freelance Illustrator - StoreYoutubeBehanceEmail Me

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Everyone is up my tail now wanting to check art layouts, lol, couldn't get anyone to give a turd before, good thing I have a bunch of $20 re-giftable gift cards from Christmas left over hahahahahahaha. It works though, use it up guys!!

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
I was hoping to find a typo in your post. I'd take $20 from you. Good idea there.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
New incentive to combat the dreaded miss-spellings post approval/mid run
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 08:45:29 PM »
What if the art gal and screen guy want to make extra $$$ could they create issues to solve??

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Thought the same thing but wasn't going to say it
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I'd suggest the clock starts after client sign-off on art to minimize that risk.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
What if the art gal and screen guy want to make extra $$$ could they create issues to solve??

Well, for our shop, I do the design and final imaging, and we are using this now as a , post customer final approval. I figure, if I miss somthing through my process,  customer misses, and we get to press, it's an incentive to make everyone pay closer attention to detail. It always seems to be on rush jobs that a miss spelling,  or improper phrase can slip. Could anything really.  You know how it gets. As you get busier, things move quicker and coming up with ways to prevent fowl ups becomes important.

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 05:12:06 PM »

Well, for our shop, I do the design and final imaging, and we are using this now as a , post customer final approval. I figure, if I miss somthing through my process,  customer misses, and we get to press, it's an incentive to make everyone pay closer attention to detail. It always seems to be on rush jobs that a miss spelling,  or improper phrase can slip. Could anything really.  You know how it gets. As you get busier, things move quicker and coming up with ways to prevent fowl ups becomes important.

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com

gotcha

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
*Misspelling. No hyphen. JS.
Dale Hoyal

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 09:15:19 PM »
*Misspelling. No hyphen. JS.
lol

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline GaryG

• !!!
Error upon error. I don't see a hyphen either. I see a space.
Ding, Ding! Do I get $40?  :D

Great idea, yes could of saved hundreds and more over the years.
As my wife says, "Nobody cares for your baby (business) like you".
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:54:35 PM by GaryG »

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
started this years ago, but the prize is $100.  a SMALL price to pay on most any job.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender