Author Topic: Common Wealth Closed  (Read 5659 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Common Wealth Closed
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 09:26:06 AM »
Brandt you cannot put your self in the shoes of either the people living in that neighbor hood or the shoes of the lawmen tasked to hunt the man down. Try to imagine the feelings of the citizens in that area considering two bombs just blew up nearly 200 citizens. Now try to put your self in the mind of the men hunting this person who just allegedly shot and murdered a police officer the night before. Do you expect them to walk around with their guns holstered? Knowing the man would probably shoot them in the head if they came around a corner and found him? And seriously the 4th amendment? You need to read some more first Brandt and get a better grasp at what the authorities can do in a dangerous situation and that includes walking around with guns and closing streets, BTW the shelter in place was not an order it was requested of the people. Marshal law was not declared, the authorities urged the citizens to stay in place and work with them not against them. They shut the roads down because they could, you do not have a right to use roads thats a privilege not a right. People were still out on foot all over the area, but for the most part people were staying in their homes supporting the men putting their lives on the line to capture a wanted murderer and suspected terrorist.

I read some great stories of people brewing coffee and giving to the law men as they came through the neighborhoods, and of course we all seen the great videos of the people of Boston out cheering the men as they returned to their normal duties after capturing the fugitive. They did a great job, no one got hurt no one else died. People can complain to much money was spent but how much really? All those men are already on the books if they were not on Boston they would have been working some where else, so how much is to much? What if their was a larger cell of bombers? What if we didn't have resources in place and many more bombs went off? What if more terrorists popped up with guns and ambushed police officers across the city? What if like in Canada they were sabotaging infanstructure for a much larger disaster?

All and all my opinion is they did a great job, they showed the force our country has and the will of the people and the authorities to work together and protect our own.

Mike I can do whatever I want within my rights, I live in america.  I know my rights.  There are people wispering about how some of the searches went and not all of them went like you think.  Maybe you watch too much TV and assume you know.  I am not reading your wall of text past the first line.  FYI

Police state was basically created with fear that the big bad terrorist was gonna get ya. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 09:30:45 AM »
Actually, a video on infowars.com proves the police didn't always ask permission, they forcibly searched homes.

Correct, not suggesting infowars was the best place to get news either, but there are some other places you can dig up some info and video as well.  Mike probably assumes it was all on the up and up though.  After all, we know that all cops are perfect and never break laws? 

The problem is I don't think any law enforcement agency prepared for this type of emergency.  It should be reviewed and we should learn how to do this better.

I agree with that, it is easy to judge after the fact, but that is what we should do.  This manhunt shouldn't have had people giving up rights. 

And yes, the guy as injured, he was more injured from the attempted suicide.  But again, what happens if he slips away again and detonates another pressure cooker bomb or something worse?  Then the police would be under such scrutiny for not doing enough.

Yes I am sure they would have taken heat for that if it happened again.  Again though, giving up rights to find this man shouldn't be a option. 

There is never a way to make everybody happy.

Also true.  No doubt about that.  I just firmly believe anyone, not even one person should have to give up rights to solve something like this.  Shouldn't be a option.  Soon as it is, it will become a easier option each time, before it wont even be a option any more and it will be the only way it's done.  Watch.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 09:36:04 AM »
Brandt you should go to law school for a while and learn when and how authorities can in certain situations do as is needed and that includes warrantless searches etc. If you think this is something brand new in our society guess again things like this have been happening for as long as our Country has been in existence, yet we still have our constitutional rights.

Let me ask you this, if a man shoots and murders a policeman and he barges in to your home, when the cops come and barge in after him to capture him and hopefully save your life do you still say your rights were violated? Would you rather have the cops knock and ask you permission first lol
"No man is an island"

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 09:53:14 AM »
Brandt you should go to law school for a while and learn when and how authorities can in certain situations do as is needed and that includes warrantless searches etc. If you think this is something brand new in our society guess again things like this have been happening for as long as our Country has been in existence, yet we still have our constitutional rights.

Let me ask you this, if a man shoots and murders a policeman and he barges in to your home, when the cops come and barge in after him to capture him and hopefully save your life do you still say your rights were violated? Would you rather have the cops knock and ask you permission first lol

They can come in and collect his body, someone busted in my house they dead son.  I don't need the cops for that.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2013, 09:56:15 AM »
They can come in and collect his body, someone busted in my house they dead son.  I don't need the cops for that.

until they take our guns...or ammo.

if this was Chicago or DC, the residents couldn't have easily protected themselves because they let their rights slip away.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2013, 09:58:31 AM »

until they take our guns...or ammo.

if this was Chicago or DC, the residents couldn't have easily protected themselves because they let their rights slip away.

I have enough rounds that if I was out of ammo, I wasn't going to make it anyway. 

I have 1,000 rnds 3 ft from me right now.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2013, 10:02:43 AM »
Right, but they are talking about using the licensing registry to create a national database, which makes it that much easier to confiscate...you know idiots like Finestein(sp) don't want people to own guns period.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2013, 10:17:32 AM »
Read the bill, in it they propose for law that no registry can be created if violated perps can expect up to (I believe) 15 years might be higher. Not sure why you guys choose to believe everything the NRA is lying about but man please take the time and look at the actual legislation and decide if you think it is cool. I am all for back ground checks and I am also for making registries illegal, maybe not for the same reasons as yours but none the less it is a good thing.

"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2013, 10:21:27 AM »
I am not for background checks in private sales.  And The truth lies between what the NRA is saying, and what the politicians are saying...if you think Obama and the like are being honest, there is a big surprise coming.

Also, not one single law they are proposing would have stopped what happened in Boston or Newtown.

The fastest way to stop crime is to arm people...period.  How many police stations get shot up?  How many gun ranges get robbed?  Last time I checked...zero, successfully anyway.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2013, 10:37:01 AM »
Also, not one single law they are proposing would have stopped what happened in Boston or Newtown.

Uh yea I agree which is why I don't understand why it is even being discussed in this thread?

Yes Brad no one robs gun ranges for a reason but what about murders at gun ranges? Yes they do happen one recently an ex seal was gunned down, and not long before that a woman shot her own son in the back of the head at a gun range. I think it goes both ways.
"No man is an island"