Author Topic: Cheaper Screenprint Art Options  (Read 2322 times)

Offline lemorris

Cheaper Screenprint Art Options
« on: April 18, 2013, 12:35:32 AM »
I don't only do car stuff.

I had to modify this post though.

Since I'm not fulltime, I can't meet the need.  The following pieces are all "cheaper" options but most are in the vein I specialize in and still require some time to turnaround.  My schedule just will not allow me to be a "hit it and flip it" kinda art guy.  However...you can still dig on the pieces.  That part is all good.

Thanks for checkin it out.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:23:50 AM by lemorris »

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Cheaper Screenprint Art Options
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 06:55:30 AM »
Love your work Lemoris but.......are you licensed by VW? If not I'd keep a low profile on those. They are actively policing this.
Friendly advice

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 09:44:29 AM »
Very good work and great prices for the bang one get from it. (More bang for your buck).

I've always said, one great thing about Donnie is that he spreads the work around and stays diversified. He's a good cookie in the jar. :)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline lemorris

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 02:14:17 PM »
I am actually a vendor of choice for Volkswagen of America, and I am registered with them too.  Have been for about 13 years now.  I am also part of the national pilot program to bring aircooled cars back into showrooms and help modern VW embrace the aircooled community.

I do VW work for dealerships nationwide as well as many car shows and clubs.  I do work for EMPI, CB Performance, and a couple other aircooled parts manufacturers as well. I also work for one of the nations largest aircooled parts suppliers ( http://www.chirco.com

In general though I won't badge up a VW unless it's actual dealer work and to date I haven't had any issues with them. I haven't tried to set up a store for profit or anything like that though.  VWOA doesn't usually stop clubs and other enthusiast based organizations from doing shows and stuff that promote the car or the name.  I think they get bent outta shape when you start selling products and what not.  Being hired to do a club event shirt or a show event shirt doesn't seem to cross that line.

I believe your friends with Gill huh?  Bummer about all that.

p.s.  I'm also 12 years in my 1958 Type 1 daily driver next month.  That's just cool.  :)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:21:13 PM by lemorris »

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 02:38:16 PM »
That is cool. The reason I asked is that I have done much work with Ford and Chevy with their primary licensee and he is always telling stories of booths getting shut down.
Its the crap to be legit

Offline lemorris

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 02:41:57 PM »
Yeah...I steer clear.  I usually get hired by the show organizers, clubs or VW dealerships so I don't get hassled.

On things like the HotRod Mag gig, the printer is licensed and GM had to give approval and whatnot.  It went pretty ok.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 04:25:45 PM »
Have you done any Karmann Ghias? I had a '65 back in '72. Unfortunately, it was a load, but I loved it until a girlfriend wrapped it around a pole...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline lemorris

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 05:30:34 PM »
I've done them all

almost

:)

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 05:41:30 PM »
There's some bargains here that's for sure. Nice work, big or small. Especially the trains for Miller... Nice pic selections and colors.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 06:49:25 AM »
Have you done any Karmann Ghias? I had a '65 back in '72. Unfortunately, it was a load, but I loved it until a girlfriend wrapped it around a pole...

Steve
Had a Karmann Ghia when I was on Sanibel Island. Put a dual carb Porsche engine in it. Previous owner welded a roll bar in it. It was a '69. What an awesome beachmobile.

Offline lemorris

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 12:19:28 PM »
Here's my car

love it

New Wheels on my car

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 12:44:37 PM »
Thats badass. Can you believe I sold the KG before I moved to Orange County?

Offline lemorris

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 12:49:08 PM »
lolol

sux to be you

:)