Author Topic: Font help please.  (Read 1052 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Font help please.
« on: April 06, 2013, 01:08:59 PM »
can't reach the custy on saturday and just spent two hours looking for this. It looks sooooo familiar and I probably have it, but for the life of me can't figure out what it is!

Any help would be appreciated.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Font help please.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 05:37:48 PM »
got it converted to vector in Illy. Never found the font, so it's not super clean, but of about three inches in width it will do.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 07:28:15 PM »
Give this site a try
http://www.whatfontis.com/
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 11:00:07 PM »
#1. I like that site better than whatthefont.

#2. Dammit.  Early today I thought it was one of the Kepler fonts, but the "S" didn't look right so I gave up on it. 

Following that site's findings led to - http://www.whatfontis.com/Kepler-Medium-Semi-Condensed-Caption.font?text=SITER

Now I'm sorry I didn't say something earlier, Pierre.

I dunno.  The "S" still don't look right.  Forget the rant.  It's close but the "C" is wrong too.  But I do like that that font site does show more "possibles" than what the font.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:11:22 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 09:52:51 AM »
Give this site a try
http://www.whatfontis.com/
I agree, this site is much better than WTF.  Whatfontis has found more fonts I have been searching for than WTF has.

Offline Sparkie

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 11:31:22 AM »
I have done work for the same organization and I have used Transit511 with no complaints from the custy.

- Mark