Author Topic: Any suggestions on how to print this?  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Any suggestions on how to print this?
« on: April 06, 2013, 10:59:59 AM »
I've just received and order of Gildan Ice Gray shirts with this image to be printed on them.  Any suggestions as to how you would print them as far as ink color, mesh count and order you would set them up in?  I may have to give Dan a shout on the seps.  I have sep studio but so far I haven't been able to get the results I'm seeing on the monitor "the colors are always off".  I know I need to invest in a good monitor calibration software but have to admit I'm not a great simulated process separator either. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:02:45 AM by ShirtShackandMore »
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Any suggestions on how to print this?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 11:25:47 AM »
1st, is this image just for reference or do you have a larger higher res file to provide?  If not, your going to have a problem with image quality (if this is the actual art file).  It's 3" wide x 2" tall (low rez quality image). I can bring it in larger in Photoshop, but as you know, ...drap in, crap out.

I have plenty of customers that say, (this is all they have) and are ok with whatever results we get.  So, I do the best I can. It seems to be about 40% of the sep work I get, but I do charge a little extra for clean up.

Shirt colors for highlights
1 Medium gray
2 Army Green
3 Black (1 screen) since it has no black type.

$45.00 if good art is provided. A little extra if not.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 11:55:14 AM »
Dan, I just sent you the image using your gmail account.

Thanks
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 02:35:11 PM »
drap in, crap out

Being an old IBMer, I'm more like GIGO
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 12:03:07 PM »
Dan forgot bout the white ink!

Also, the top and bottom images are two different colors. Top one is greenish and the bottom is purplish.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 12:38:26 PM »
P,  you must be forgetting how light Ice gray is. It's as light as the brightest parts of this art. But if he wants another color, I'll be glad to do it.

The top and bottom look to be warm and cool grays. I don't think they want to get that accurate  to ard in a subtle color change if it fors have a hint of purple in it and will use grays.

Remember, I'm an award winning separator. ;)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 03:49:24 PM »
I have to correct myself. It does have white in it where the barbed wire is and lettering. It's lighter than Ice gray.

That dastardly Pierrie, ...you win this time, but I'll be back!  Still no purple tint that I can see. :)