Author Topic: Thanks again for your help now leave me alone.  (Read 1101 times)

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Thanks again for your help now leave me alone.
« on: April 05, 2013, 07:27:12 AM »
Several years ago when I was starting out a coworker at my daytime job gave my card to a music instructor, at the same time my neighbor gave the same person my card and introduced me to her. My first print job with her was for 2000 shirts one color on white. I get three or four smaller jobs from her every year. To show my gratitude I gave both people a $75.00 gift card and printed several things at cost for them. I even won a free meal at   Chipotles and invited them. The point is, I have more than showed by gratitude. So now this guy I work with tells me and everyone i work with at my day job that he is the reason I have a business and I am a jerk because I won't give him free stuff. Then I find out on two occasions he represented himself as my employee to two local businesses, I found out about it when I solicited them and they said my sales guy is a freak and they would not order from me if he works for me. So aside from beating him to a bloody pulp how do you handler this?

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Thanks again for your help now leave me alone.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 07:57:57 AM »
Well, if he did such a good job setting you up in business, how come you still have a day job? Some people... like he did the work or had a clue. If it comes up, just tell people to consider the source.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline dave58

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 09:15:31 AM »
I agree..........quit the day job and go crazy like the rest of us.
Down with Anarchy

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 09:49:21 AM »
Aside from putting fist to face I'm not sure what I would do.  Messing with another man's business is right up there with messing with his family.  I'd go at him like a spider monkey and scare the hell out of him.  Make him think you're crazy and he'll back off and possibly even kiss your ass.  Ah, hell, I don't know what I'd do but the thought of it gets me riled up and I'm sure I'd do something stupid since it is such a major deal to mess with someone's business.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 11:31:15 AM »
I would just tell him to stop representing himself as an employee of mine, and tell him thanks for your help awhile back, but it's no longer needed.

Darryl
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:57:33 AM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 11:39:57 AM »
So he's the "reason you have a business" and is pissed you won't give him "free stuff"?

Ain't a charity here numb-nuts, what do you think a business is?  Tell him he's not putting in enough hours scaring clients to get paid.  I'd probably add "@sshole" to it near the end somewhere, and make sure at least a couple more co-workers are around.

He's trying to play a con that will come out in the wash.

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 11:54:33 AM »

Cooler heads prevail. Do what Darryl says and DON'T act out because then you're just as crazy and unstable as he appears to be and people will see that.  Just cut your ties with him and tell him to stop representing himself as your employee.

Above all, remain professional, and people will see which one is the real pro and which is the bag-o-douche who has to lie and cheat to get ahead. The one who loses his cool first will be the loser in everyone's eyes.

Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs