screen printing > General Screen Printing

If you had to do it over.. startup re-do

<< < (2/7) > >>

mk162:
that is a good one homer, they didn't exist when we started.

I agree with ZOO about the dryer.  I will be adding 4' of heat in the next year or so.  That is what's nice about modular stuff, add on or subtract as you need it.

blue moon:
my story is a little different, it was a business decision from day one. Can't think of anything I would do different off the top of my head other than have a better communications with my partner.

You know all the equipment and the processes better then most. So the printing part will be easy. Make sure you have good planning and have marketing money. Those two will make you or break you.

Nation03:
If I could go back, I probably would of waited until I was a little older. I leased my equipment when I was 19, for my basement setup. I figured since I was a decent enough printer, I could make it work... not realizing that I don't know anything about getting clients, running a business, and knowing what to charge. So that is what I get for being an impulsive teenager. I had a consistent pay check at my other printing job, so it's not like I sunk all my money into the equipment, but it was definitely a learning experience. In the last 6 months or so I've really been reading up on business, marketing, etc and after I change the name of my business I'm going to come up with a monthly budget for some consistent advertising online. Dealing with people has seem to become less of a fear as I get older. And I'm finding that people are starting to take me a little more seriously, so that helps also.

jsheridan:
Thanks guys.

I'm looking at a used Lawson kit that comes with the 3610 dryer (36" belt 6' heat) that is more than enough for the garage. I have to disconnect a panel or upgrade wiring to handle it's 58 amp draw.

As soon as I can afford it, shopworx will be used, till then it's quickbooks with it's printing add-on module.

I'll be using roller frames, panels, top grade inks and chemicals and even getting a 4880 printer.

ZooCity:

--- Quote from: jsheridan on June 27, 2011, 03:47:01 PM ---Thanks guys.

I'm looking at a used Lawson kit that comes with the 3610 dryer (36" belt 8' heat) that is more than enough for the garage. I have to disconnect a panel or upgrade wiring to handle it's 58 amp draw.

As soon as I can afford it, shopworx will be used, till then it's quickbooks with it's printing add-on module.

I'll be using roller frames, panels, top grade inks and chemicals and even getting a 4880 printer.

--- End quote ---

You want our 4800?  Got to get a wider one sometime in the next 3 months or sooner.  I'll cut you a deal mang. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version