Author Topic: Curiosity  (Read 21970 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Curiosity
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2013, 11:34:53 AM »
Let me share a few things here....

A little background first.

Last fall myself and Jeff my associate where looking at color and Jeff brought me into some understand about all this. I said Jeff we might be able to do this in CorelDRAW and we started digging around in DRAW and color. First thing Jeff is doubtful that DRAW can separate but starts looking at it. Within a few days BAM the whole thing starts to open up. Both of us were in complete shock as we realized that according to the PS pro crowd you cannot do this in CorelDRAW but there we were easier and faster with better results.

So I try to take this information public...

I end up with the other plugin guy trolling my youtube channel and hurling insults at me and CorelDRAW even to the point where his fake t-shirtforums account get discovered and banned. I receive regular emails with comments like "only a fag would use CorelDRAW" relating the separation training video. I have been referred to as a creep, dog squeeze and cat piss in public social environments relating to all this and the list goes on.

For example...

All this after realizing we could have been doing this 16 years ago in DRAW if we had NOT been listening to the opinions of these so called gurus that in reality had little or no idea about what they were even talking about.

Now we have a circumstance in this industry where a few have come to believe that they have some special powers relating to separations and color in PhotoShop. Typically these are the same folks that told us for years this is can only be done in PhotoShop. In reality the only reason it could only be done in PhotoShop is because it was being done the wrong way.

Dealing with Urban Legends as I call them.. I have found to be very difficult and will get you into some controversial situations for sure.

But soon this will all be part of the past as we are working on the training series and videos that will finally put all this controversy to bed once and for all. And the way color and color separations are dealt with in this industry will be settled into easy to understand standards and methods that will be approachable by anyone at any level. Because it really is easy if it is approached correctly.

So you come here with a chip on your shoulder over something that happened on Youtube and another forum?  Do I have that correct? 

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:42:20 AM by GraphicDisorder »
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2013, 12:10:15 PM »
So you come here with a chip on your shoulder over something that happened on Youtube and another forum?  Do I have that correct?
[/quote]

I would not say that but perhaps I am little touchy after all the attacks over something that should not be an issue. And all the guerrilla marketing ideas they do not exist either. If you watch my free youtube videos you can do these separations manually all the information is there. We are working on a complete step by step outlined free series that will really break this down into childs play. Yes plugins are nice but you have to understand what is happening behind the scenes to really leverage color in your business. You absolutely must understand color as it relates to your shop and work. What is really possible with just 3 colors? What is possible with color blends? How do you look at color based on your equipment? Working with HSB and understanding the previous questions and other factors you enter into a whole new world of potential relating to screen printing, your business and success.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 12:13:17 PM by AdvancedArtist »

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2013, 12:16:05 PM »

I would not say that but perhaps I am little touchy after all the attacks over something that should not be an issue. And all the guerrilla marketing ideas they do not exist either. If you watch my free youtube videos you can do these separations manually all the information is there. We working on a complete step by step outlined free series that will really break this down to childs play. Yes plugins are nice but you have understand what is happening behind the scenes to really leverage color in your business. You absolutely must understand color as it relates to you shop and work. What is really possible with just 3 colors? What is possible with color blends? How do you look at color based on your equipment? Working with HSB and understanding the previous questions and other factors you enter into a whole new world of potential relating to screen printing.
[/quote]

I can only judge your actions here.  I don't really care what attacks you are seeing from other people of other forums and other sites like youtube.  They are not this site.  You need to change your tone here...... 

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2013, 12:19:04 PM »

All this after realizing we could have been doing this 16 years ago in DRAW if we had NOT been listening to the opinions of these so called gurus that in reality had little or no idea about what they were even talking about.

1st and foremost from this post, we are reading that you yourself (designing and separating) from Corel all of these years, I would imagine you to be well into the corel expert/guru) status.  No argument.  We don't even argue that your "find" of using HSB in Corel is a great thing.  We (me) argue your attitude thus far.  I read you say that someone bashed you first.  So?   How often does that happen to each of us in life?  Don't let that diminish your profile. For some more than often for most, occasionally. Someone is not going to like you or your product for whacked out reasons at times. It's just part of doing something.

Here (as only one example) is where you come off bashing others with blanket statements like.. if we had NOT been listening to the opinions of these so called gurus.  What Guru's?  Who?  You haven't heard me say "You can only do that in Photoshop?  It's not even about how you offend me with lumping me in with your trouble people, but I do get annoyed with it. It's more about the blanket statements of (The Wrong way" It's just ridiculous to say that. Saying things liek that diminish your appearance of knowledge of our industry and business as if you don't really know the industry and our business.

Some shops use all three programs. Corel, Illy and Photoshop. If some "experts" have ever said that "you can only do this in Photshop, That doesn't make them less of a Photoshop expert. That just says (they didn't know at the time) that you could do anything like what your doing in Corel. Point being, YOU, a Corel expert/guru didn't know you could do that in Corel back some time ago yet here you are on multiple forums bashing and lumping all photshop users and all other sep programs as "attacking Corel and indicating that WE have all said Corel Draw can't do well enough.

So...here we are, watching you make these unattractive and at times offensive claims. It sad to see such a good thing be promoted in the way you are (or have been thus far).  I'd like to be on your side and lift you up with support. I currently can't support "you" with the manor that you behave. I can't place myself next to that. Not that you need "me" of course, but wouldn't it be smooth sailing for you if more people were on your side?

I for one, would purchase it and use it...if it enabled me to do seps faster and/or better. Wouldn't a Pro separator (being on your side) be more of a benefit to aid in marketing than bashing them? A Pro could lean/understand and run with such a thing a lot easier than a printer that has 40 other things to focus on as well.

With that said, This would not eliminate the need for freelance separators. It may lower cost for my customers since I would be able to charge much less such as $25.00 per job rather than $10-$30.00 per color.  Pro separators may be able to make up a small portion of your customer base.

Hey, theres a marketing idea. Pro separators as friends rather than your enemy.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:50:12 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2013, 04:23:07 PM »
All the controversy over such a simple process. This is just one of many ways to sep manually is DRAW. But as I said the training is coming and once that is completed then there just wont be anymore controversy.

! Private video

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2013, 05:27:13 PM »
All the controversy over such a simple process. This is just one of many ways to sep manually is DRAW. But as I said the training is coming and once that is completed then there just wont be anymore controversy.

! Private video

As long as you don't create any, I wouldn't think there would be any?

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2013, 05:49:04 PM »

There's no controversy over the process... only the sales tactic.  :P

Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2013, 10:51:42 PM »
Hey, theres a marketing idea. Pro separators as friends rather than your enemy.

Jeff is the best Pro Separator on this planet I would stake my reputation in the industry on that. Guess what?.. He used to use PhotoShop not anymore.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2013, 10:58:14 PM »
Thats nice. You have a friend in Jeff.  He seems like a very nice person.

But...you're avoiding the question.  Wouldn't you like to have other "pro separators on your side?  Treat people nicely and along with your good products, you have no one against you. Only people who support you.  C'mon you big tiger. Let Danny take that splinter out of your paw. I know you've been hurt.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2013, 11:16:35 PM »

But...you're avoiding the question.  Wouldn't you like to have other "pro separators on your side?  Treat people nicely and along with your good products, you have no one against you. Only people who support you.  C'mon you big tiger. Let Danny take that splinter out of your paw. I know you've been hurt.

Last week you were calling me a creep, dog squeeze and cat piss and all I asked for was to post the original image. You did not help the tiger get the splinter of his paw you pulled him tail!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2013, 11:25:12 PM »

Last week you were calling me a creep, dog squeeze and cat piss and all I asked for was to post the original image. You did not help the tiger get the splinter of his paw you pulled him tail!

Haha.   No, you got it all wrong.  I didn't call you those things. I said everything you were saying about "other people and their methods was creepy, dog squeeze and ....I don't remember the cat piss.  LOL.  You're not a bad person per say,  but sometimes you do bad things. ::)

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2013, 11:43:52 PM »
Dude you tore me a complete new #@()$( in that thread for no reason...

I really do not even want to read this again... but here you go.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/show-your-stuff-screen-printing-print-job-examples/t213335-2.html

And why are you so nervous about posting originals anyway?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2013, 11:49:04 PM »
Geez guys, I know you have a history, here is the deal...

Tom, your product is great.  Show off it's benefits without slamming Adobe.  Show how it's another tool in the arsenal and how it can save printers time and money.  I would rather hear those things than hear somebody saying that what I have been doing my whole life is wrong.  People don't like that sort of thing.

Dan, get to work on my order... ;)

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2013, 12:29:21 AM »
Honestly.. what I was doing my whole life until last year was DEAD WRONG! Completely off the mark in my understanding of color and color separations I was an ignorant fool. I would look at design and try to avoid raster and designing that would lead to raster separations or sim process...Now no file exists that I cannot sep in less than 10 minutes.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2013, 12:54:03 AM »
Dude you tore me a complete new #@()$( in that thread for no reason...

I really do not even want to read this again... but here you go.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/show-your-stuff-screen-printing-print-job-examples/t213335-2.html

And why are you so nervous about posting originals anyway?

Why so nervous?  Because of how you took a copy of Myseps video and did your voiceover to mislead people while belittling his techniques.  If you did that to him, why would I submit something for you to compare?  Do you still have that posted up?  Maybe you took that one down for good reason.