Author Topic: ISS Orlando April 11-13 - Are you going?  (Read 6691 times)

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
Re: ISS Orlando April 11-13 - Are you going?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 02:13:15 PM »
I'll be there at 5:30 ish after end of trade show conversations wrap up.  Looking forward to the meet & greet!

Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
We are a go for dinner. 5:30 pm  The dinner party name is underDan Campbell but it's a dutch date ;)

Let me know who all is going so I can let them know in advance. So far, I have a table for 10
but if more come, we may get moved to a private room upstairs.

Houlihan's 
www.houlihans.com

Houlihan's restaurant and bar bring American food to a new level. Our chefs prepare each meal from scratch.9150 International Dr  Orlando, FL 32819
(407) 363-0043

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline GKitson

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »
Thanks to Dan for making the arrangements.  Looking forward to catching up with friends & putting names/faces together.

See ya all at the ISS show TSB meet up at 5:30 PM @ Houlihans on I-Drive.

Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 12:24:04 PM »
I am getting to town that afternoon. I will have have my family (at least for a while) Is it something we can just drop in and say hello?
Matt
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 12:34:25 PM »
I am getting to town that afternoon. I will have have my family (at least for a while) Is it something we can just drop in and say hello?
Matt

Of course.  :D   Stop in and say Hello.  Might just be three or four of us anyways is nobody else chimes in.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline GKitson

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 10:20:35 AM »
Headed to the airport to travel to ISS Orlando, looking forward to the meet up on Thursday afternoon at Houlihans on I-Drive.

See ya at the show!
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 04:48:03 PM »
I may be heading down for the weekend. Just all depends on whether or not I can get caught up on all these art jobs. Hope to see some of you around the convention.   

Cheers
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline GKitson

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 06:53:53 AM »
Looking forward to another great ISS Show in Orlando, its a great regional show where you have a lot more time to talk with vendors & peers than at some of the larger national shows.

Remember, Dan Cambell has made reservations at Houlihans on I-Drive for a TSB meet & greet Thursday night at 5:30 PM.  Hope to see you there.
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 10:58:38 AM »
We would like to invite you to hang out with us tonight if you get time.

Let me know if your coming.

Dinner at Houlihans on I Drive at 5:30  today.
Looks like we have myself, Tom Pitman, Geg We would like to invite you to hang out with us tonight if you get time.

Let me know if your coming. Dottonedan@cfl.rr.com. Cel 407-922-0664

Dinner at Houlihans on I Drive at 5:30  today.
Looks like we have myself, Tom Pitman, Geg Kitson, Winston Striktlen a few maybes and Marcia from Impressions and Erin as well.

Thank you
Dan Campbell, Winston Striktlen a few maybes and Marcia from Impressions as well.

Thank you
Dan Campbell

Offline GKitson

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 07:48:25 AM »
Hey, guys enjoyed the trip down memory lane as Winston and I had some common industry memories, hate to admit I'm an old fart who decorated in the seventies but the calendar does not lie, I guess.  Loved hearing about mylar balloon printing on a textile press and catching up on industry gossip in general.
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 08:06:04 AM »
Wish I was there, but happy I'm busy enough not to be able to get away. Hope y'all are having a good time!
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 10:21:56 AM »
I'm going back tomorrow (Sat). with the wife and actually walk the show for business fora while and then hang out after the show with some peeps but locations has not been determined. I will say tho, Houlihan's for being on I-Drive next to the show was a great location. It was actually very nice and roomy. With plenty of seating. For a show, that spot at 5:30 was great. The prices were great also. I had two drinks and a salmon dinner for $25.00 So thats one of my go to places from now on.

We missed the Vastex group at the show. They are awaiting the arrival of a baby in the family so they were on stand by.

Mark Coudrey is busy with some work in Cali. and didn't come this year but will be at SGIA in Orlando coming up.

I didn't take pictures as we had a few celebrity types with us and I felt it might seem too self serving so I refrained.  :(

If anyone is around Sat after the show, connect with me via email or cel and we can get together for a dinner (same place).

The conversations at the table would hold anyones ear in this business. It was truly good fun and great conversation.

Thanks
Dan

Offline GKitson

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2013, 05:01:31 AM »
Had a second great day at ISS Orlando, ended the show day with the ISS Roundtable Meet the Expert Program.  According to Rodney from TshirtForums it was a face-to-face industry forum where you did not have to wait for answers.  I liked to compare it to "Speed Dating" your industry questions. 

We sat around 5 different tables and just talked about how to make our biz better.  I did not talk as much as listen and guided the discussion at my table, great content, great people.

See you at a future show!  Remember the industry will be back in Orlando in October for SGIA! Sorry I am going to miss Saturday night with the TSB group at Dan's meet & greet.  Have a wing for me! 
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline ISSTeam

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2013, 11:35:23 AM »
It was great getting together at Houlihan's! I look forward to doing this again!
What a wealth of knowledge from Marcia, Winston, Dan and Greg, a girl can definitely learn something from them!
Thanks for putting this together, Dan, it was wonderful meeting you in person!
Erin
Erin Cianciolo
Senior Account Executive
ISS Shows

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2013, 12:15:28 PM »
My pleasure. It was a good time indeed.

The show for me, was pretty good overall. I was not a big buyer although, I did peruse each location and learned about areas of the business I did not pay attention to before as an artist/separator. My wife is all about the bling now. She bought one of those Rhinestone holders/heaters for customization and we will do some basic design with that for identifiable icons in out town along with the Town name.

The show seemed really active. The last day still seemed very full up till the end. Typically, on the last day, vendors seem to start to tear down an hour before closing. This day, they were up and running, doing business clear until the last minute. People see this and take notice and keep shopping.

People were buying smaller things on the spot and taking them out the door with them. The green sRogue press was there set up and running. They seemed to have a good gathering in the auto business M&R was there on a smaller scale than normal, but still showed a good floor coverage and a ton of interest.

The show seemed good and I heard good things bout it. Over all, it was indeed better than last year as far as turn out and purchases (from what I saw) on the smaller scale items that people could carry away.

The word on the street is that we will see more of a shift in the auto business towards smaller presses.