Author Topic: Discharging with Electric Dryer?  (Read 3375 times)

Offline Grape Ape

• Verified/Junior
Re: Discharging with Electric Dryer?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 02:15:19 PM »
Yeah, before we went to all gas years ago we were electric. A fan at both ends (one pushing in air, one pulling it out) helped with the cure for discharge inks tremendously. Give it a shot

Was the fan speed on low? Did that not srew with your temp.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 02:17:57 PM »
I can't imagine blowing or sucking air right out of the tunnel, I'd lose all my heat. We're even very careful about the back door being open and a breeze blowing the heat out of the oven. For us the only thing that would work would be air movement in the tunnel, but it would have to be recirculating like a convection oven.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 02:18:53 PM »
It was years ago, and I cannot remember type of fan or speed or actual, real placements of the two fans but it did help and it did not reduce temp. I would suggest trying it if you are on an electric dryer. The worse is it will not help your shop. But it could.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 02:22:22 PM »
Reminds me how we used to squeeze one extra color on the Ovals by rigging a manual screen at the end of the load side......Genius (not my idea)

As if running an oval weren't bad enough (I used to own one), adding a manual screen on the load side???

Yes indeed. Back then the largest presses wer 8 colors. Didnt work for Nike and Warner Bros characters. Also had to notch squeegees and make thin wooden strips which ran along the inside of the screen alllowing to print up to 3 colors in one screeen

Actually, it was probably the best and most registered color right?  ;D

Offline Grape Ape

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 02:28:34 PM »
I have seen many catchers turn fans in the wrong direction trying to cool shirts and inadvertently drop the temps in a dryer below cure.

Or for that manner Press People also.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 02:34:38 PM by Grape Ape »

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »

Necessity is the mother of invention, at least it is until a 48/16 gas oven falls into my lap  ;D

You rang?

Somebody oughta snap this up.

I'd get it but we need 60"/24 or longer. Looking for my first gas dryer I didn't understand why so many
had super long in-feeds. Moving to a new building with a different layout and now I get it...

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 04:49:08 PM »
Hmmm, gonna have to check that out.... I love the dance floor on top of it, just needs a brass pole  8)
Wishin' I was Fishin'