Author Topic: What font is this?  (Read 1449 times)

Offline GHEENEE1

• Verified/Junior
What font is this?
« on: March 24, 2013, 09:06:17 AM »
I'm having a hard time finding this font. Sofia is close

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What font is this?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 02:04:04 PM »
I'm having a hard time finding this font. Sofia is close

Tell you my thoughts.  If you have to match it EXACTLY, make the customer identify it.  Your time is better spent getting new customers and jobs.  "CLOSE" should be good enough.  Just my 2c.

Unless we're talking 500+ shirts......are we?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 02:11:00 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 02:44:23 PM »
In that same vein, if the customer has no idea but is fussy, start a stop watch (either figuratively, or for real), and see just how much time you spend, and then, how much more you should have charged.
Much more than a visit to What the Font (which is poor on connected scripts) or asking here really needs to be justified and/or compensated.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline sonicweaponprinting

• Verified/Junior
  • Screen Printing and Design from Kansas City, USA
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 03:56:02 PM »
A great site is 'WhatTheFont ' - you can upload a photo or image crop of the text you are wantin to identify.

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 03:59:58 PM »
 WTF is great, but as I said, they do especially poorly on cursive type fonts. The computerized genius can't seem to tell where one letter
 ends and another starts.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 07:58:48 PM »
No to mention, trying to take those small images to WTF would likely produce zero results just from the ability to have something half-way clean.  WTF can be good, but is still about 50% at best, imo.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 09:30:36 AM »
Yes,  "close" is more than good enough when searching a font style and they provide no information other than a picture.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline bannerbuzz

• Make it Visible
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 02:15:41 AM »
yeah, its really hard to find what font is this for me as well, but there are lots of websites available on the net where you can get list of font and from that you can get your answer.
My self Nishant Shah & I would love to discuss on vinyl banners and banner printing topics.

Offline Grumpy Ole Artist

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 11:43:28 AM »
I do not recognize that one! If all you are expected to do is duplicate the existing art...I have had pretty good luck slapping a shirt with simple art like this on the scanner....a few "tweaks" in p-shop...tiff, trace, voila!
Humor is the unexpected juxtaposition of incongruities.