Author Topic: Locked in screens… lesson learned.  (Read 2109 times)

Offline inkbrigade

Locked in screens… lesson learned.
« on: June 25, 2011, 10:24:24 PM »
Well i came into the shop today and wasn't able to reclaim. I had like 30 screens to do. So i switched out the dip tank solution. Still no good. I talked to Jen and found out the screens had been under exposing.
We just switched to a new more powerful exposure unit and started adding diazo to our emulsion.

Luckly a ulano webpage saved our ass.

http://www.ulano.com/FAQ/FAQstenremoval.htm

Instead of remeshing all the frames like i thought i was going to have to do, i stuck them out back in the sun all day in hopes of crosslinking the chemicals in the emulsion.

Stuck them in the dip tank for extra long and it wasn't easy but i was able to reclaim them all.

So maybe keep this in mind when you encounter a locked in screen.
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: Locked in screens… lesson learned.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 12:39:53 AM »
Hey,
Your shop is just a couple hours south from us. When did you get sun all day? Hahaha, the good ol' PNW. Great catching up with you on the phone today! Let me know if you have any more questions and thanks for the link!

*I have had that happen with a screen or two in the past, but not thirty! Yikes, that had to be a pain in the ass! And a few hours I'm sure!

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 02:14:21 AM »
Always good talking to you brandon! Welcome to the board!
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 08:27:56 PM »
I was in Portland this weekend and on Saturday it was not only sunny it was on the hot side as well!  My girlfreind and I hit the market in downtown Portland and she came away with some amazing soap, feather earrings, and a sunburn!

Glad to be back in Seattle where it's overcast today ;)
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 07:31:06 AM »
I was in Portland this weekend and on Saturday it was not only sunny it was on the hot side as well!  My girlfreind and I hit the market in downtown Portland and she came away with some amazing soap, feather earrings, and a sunburn!

Glad to be back in Seattle where it's overcast today ;)
Ring me up next time! Me and my wife will take you out for a beer :)

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 02:55:19 AM »
With all the amazing microbrews in Portland, I'm definately going to take you up on that offer :)
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.