Author Topic: The new discharge that everyone was talking about last week?  (Read 3737 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
The new discharge that everyone was talking about last week?
« on: March 19, 2013, 03:07:24 PM »
What's the update on the super cool new discharge? Been thinking about it a lot...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: The new discharge that everyone was talking about last week?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 03:08:58 PM »
Me too, sounds like it fell on it's face.  Hopefully it didn't and everyone loves it so much they don't want to tell anyone else how great it is.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 03:11:13 PM »
Heck yeah, been waiting for this one...

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 03:26:52 PM »
Wait for it.............All will be revealed. (Well Maybe, depends on the outcome)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 05:54:02 PM »
From my pledge days in college..."all will be revealed at a later date"...it's like that all over again.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 06:49:15 AM »
I hate teasers.  I really wish nothing was said until testing was over.  This is waiting is going to drive me insane.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 07:02:43 AM »
the word at the AC show is that it is not ready yet.
'some very, very promising developments, but has a little ways to go.
It sounds like they are in the alpha stage (development) and are trying to switch to beta (field testing).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 08:32:04 AM »
Doubt anyone in AC knows whats really going on, as its a local company in ATL developing it.  I have good news on it, but I can't say just yet.  Still testing.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 08:49:20 AM »
It's a new product, it's going to take a while to make it screen-printer-proof.

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 08:53:41 AM »
Re-testing on Friday with mfgr present. The reason for the hush hush is that this is not a large corporation behind this; it is one individual principally driving it. He has invested a lot in this and since he is an actual person we need to be a little more fair than usual.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 09:50:52 AM »
It's a new product, it's going to take a while to make it screen-printer-proof.

Is that even possible?

Steve

OK, I'll be patient...
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 09:55:37 AM »
Doubt anyone in AC knows whats really going on, as its a local company in ATL developing it.  I have good news on it, but I can't say just yet.  Still testing.

well in this case, the person I talked to has been following this project from it's infancy, before any inks were even mixed. So yes, somebody at AC actually does know what's going on!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Baron265

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 09:56:59 AM »
Re-testing on Friday with mfgr present. The reason for the hush hush is that this is not a large corporation behind this; it is one individual principally driving it. He has invested a lot in this and since he is an actual person we need to be a little more fair than usual.

bravo! tonypep bravo!
Paul Schmidt
Regional Manager
Workhorse Products, Inc.
(602)414-3684
pschmidt@workhorseproducts.com

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 01:06:52 PM »

well in this case, the person I talked to has been following this project from it's infancy, before any inks were even mixed. So yes, somebody at AC actually does know what's going on!

pierre

I would be willing to bet that there is more than one company atempting this right now.  I heard of an Italian company doing it already.  Maybe your on to something there pierre that we who are testing dont even know about. :o
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 04:24:59 PM »

pierre

I would be willing to bet that there is more than one company atempting this right now.  I heard of an Italian company doing it already.  Maybe your on to something there pierre that we who are testing dont even know about. :o

nope, it's the same one everybody here is talking about. "A" obviously had to talk to other ppl in the know to get advice and some feedback. The guy I talked to at the show is one of the ppl A bounces his ideas off of. Everything he said was matching with info I was getting from other ppl and he know some more.

I don't want anybody taking this as an indication that there is a problem, from what I heard the news is very good, but it is a little early on. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they complete their testing and get the product out soon.

pierre