Author Topic: Discharge on safety green and sports gray?  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Discharge on safety green and sports gray?
« on: March 15, 2013, 12:14:25 AM »
I have a job going on sports gray and Safety green.  Can the Gildan Safety green discharge out those types of dyes?

Has anyone had usable results trying to discharge a sports gray? The heathering left should cause problems...but maybe with "enought" white pigment it may be beneficial for a soft hand?  Thought?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Spreading Ink

Re: Discharge on safety green and sports gray?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 12:17:53 AM »
Neither will discharge well.  The heather will show through on the Sports Gray and the Green dye used for these garments is susceptible to dye migration and won't discharge bright.

Sorry!
Spreading Ink
3031 E Cherry St.
Springfield, MO 65802
417-771-3855
Vist us on Facebook!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 10:24:53 AM »
I kinda knew that...but my theory is that you can use a high mesh of white underbase (after the discharge) (fast flash) like a thin layer of white on a 305 mesh, Good flash on that... This may block or hide those heathers...

then colors,

Then a top white for just the brightest areas. The intent here is to get a very thin or soft hand feel on the sports gray but enough pop for a bright look.

I guess I could just do the reg white underbase but was wanting to make sure while trying to keep it thin, that the heathers and safety green didn't show thru any.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:34:23 AM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 10:57:46 AM »
Yes DCUB

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 01:53:28 PM »
DCUB will work, but also, both of those colors take well to single hit plastisol whites...

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 02:03:03 PM »
DCUB will work, but also, both of those colors take well to single hit plastisol whites...

I DCUB white shirts, I do top of the line work here white just is not white enough.  :D :D :D  Seriously like EB said, you should not have to underbase those colors.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 02:38:19 PM »

I DCUB white shirts, I do top of the line work here white just is not white enough.  :D :D :D  Seriously like EB said, you should not have to underbase those colors.

Should not have to underbase (with discharge) or regular white underbase?  I'm pretty sure I want to underbase with white. This is sim process. fading out to the shirt color.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 03:12:04 PM »
Of coarse it depends on the design. The safety green are 50/50 so they can bleed. They also have been super sensitive to heat lately, they will scorch and its hard to see.

Offline Spreading Ink

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 01:48:28 AM »
Yes, all of the neons are super sensitive to scorching which is hard to see - it will leave 'streaks' in the dye.
Spreading Ink
3031 E Cherry St.
Springfield, MO 65802
417-771-3855
Vist us on Facebook!

Offline ol man

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 02:35:49 PM »
Yep , never had luck with a one hit discharge on gildan sports grey ---- any other heather color - no problem.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 10:11:47 PM »
Yes, all of the neons are super sensitive to scorching which is hard to see - it will leave 'streaks' in the dye.

This is why when possible we run Performance black from Wilflex. Get the shirts to 300 and good to go. Sure it is more expensive up front but it is insurance of not having to eat an order that makes it worth it.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin