Author Topic: How do I answer this guy?  (Read 2155 times)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: How do I answer this guy?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 06:39:22 PM »
Steve, I wonder if he could have been simply over thinking "truck" and figuring if it meant something special in this screen print art file context
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 09:22:48 PM »
On a similar vein, I've got local competition that likes to hold customers artwork hostage. IE: "no you can't have a copy of your vector art or embroidery files, they belong to us." I love them for this, often I'll eat the redraw or get a left chest re-digitized for $10 and have a customer for ever. How in hell my competition thinks their going to keep a customer by not giving them their art is baffling to me. If anything it chases them further away.

For the most part I won't send a customer back to the competition for their art anyways, the less my competition knows about who I'm doing work for, the better.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 07:14:17 AM »
When you eat the art fee are you still giving them the art if they want it? 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 10:32:07 AM »
Steve, I wonder if he could have been simply over thinking "truck" and figuring if it meant something special in this screen print art file context

That would be my guess, Andy. I thought it was a pretty straight ahead question. It's not like I asked about his sex life, in which he could jokingly said, "What's a sex life?"...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 12:25:48 PM »

That's what I'm thinking... He can't be that stupid. If he's a burn-the-candle-at-both-ends type, he may have been truly distracted or not giving it his full thought and like Frog said, except "under" thinking it.

Friends don't let friends multi-task.

Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 05:25:31 PM »
I told my wife about it this morning (she's an artist, and worked for us for a time) and her reply was "Huh? Wha?" He was in a little earlier, and everything is copacetic now. A really nice guy. No, I didn't bring it up... hee hee

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 06:42:44 PM »
When you eat the art fee are you still giving them the art if they want it?

To a point, yes. I'm not talking multi hour creations, index color stuff, just basic 10-20 minute stuff if there is a nice order attached. Clip-art collages, I call them.

This was the last one I gave away. I did shirts, pucks, medals, mini-sticks and gave the logo for their flyers, posters and programs. I don't like the player graphic, but that's what she chose out of the book.

Wishin' I was Fishin'