Author Topic: Rollers with square bar  (Read 1504 times)

Online TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Rollers with square bar
« on: April 06, 2013, 11:51:19 AM »
 I have admitted that we don't use our roller screens as much or well as we should. I am making strides to use them properly(tension wise). I think I must of slept through the part of class that explains why most people don't use the rollers with a square bar. Is it because of the corners ripping up the exposure unit cover? 
If you guys wouldn't mind sharing your notes on this, I may be ready for the test!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline StuJohnston

Re: Rollers with square bar
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 06:16:06 PM »
From what I understand, due to not being able to roll all four sides, you are limited on how high of tension you can go. I think it sort of works for the smaller screens because there's less distance to go to stretch up to tension than there is in say, a 36x48 frame. I would also hazard a guess that there is a possibility for some weird tension going on with the sides diagonally because the square bit can't pull back.

if nothing else, the square bar frames just don't get big enough for many purposes. The ones that I have are nearly for novelty to be honest. I had to modify my cameo to fit them and they don't fit on anything else aside from my manual vacuum table which I haven't used in forever.

Online ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 07:32:20 PM »
We use the 23x22" square roller frames. Typically we max out at around 28 or 30 newtons. Althought they are bit more expensive, i've really been into using panels lately. make it alot easier.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 09:02:45 AM »
I have admitted that we don't use our roller screens as much or well as we should. I am making strides to use them properly(tension wise). I think I must of slept through the part of class that explains why most people don't use the rollers with a square bar. Is it because of the corners ripping up the exposure unit cover? 
If you guys wouldn't mind sharing your notes on this, I may be ready for the test!

Cover the corners with some small dense foam squares before dropping the blanket.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .