Author Topic: ISS Orlando April 11-13 - Are you going?  (Read 6693 times)

Offline Baron265

Re: ISS Orlando April 11-13 - Are you going?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2013, 01:32:37 PM »
The Diamondback C was the "Best/Newest" thing I saw.
Paul Schmidt
Regional Manager
Workhorse Products, Inc.
(602)414-3684
pschmidt@workhorseproducts.com

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2013, 04:23:21 PM »
I agree the diamondback c is a very impressive machine...
I loved the s-roque too. It is different that I am used to but that may be a good thing. Only time will tell.
I also looked at brother dtg and a lawson cts. I have to admit I am very intrigued by both. We are not ready for either yet but after seeing how far technology has come it may be sooner than I would have though.
Meeting Dan and the gang in person was great. I really enjoyed the conversations. There were so many great things to hear. I am sorry I had to cut it short. The kids were starting to loose it.
Thanks to Dan for getting that together.
Matt
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2013, 04:24:35 PM »

The word on the street is that we will see more of a shift in the auto business towards smaller presses.

[/quote]that is nothing new it`s all ready done by the crimson painted machine (not mention brands) awhile ago
other manufacturers wants a slice of the cake
just my observation
Gabe

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2013, 05:00:38 PM »

The word on the street is that we will see more of a shift in the auto business towards smaller presses.

that is nothing new it`s all ready done by the crimson painted machine (not mention brands) awhile ago
other manufacturers wants a slice of the cake
just my observation
Gabe

Maybe so, but I guess I was more so saying, (the auto makers) are shifting towards what people are wanting these days).  Not really meaning that the Auto makers are driving that shift.  They are only filling a demand. I'm sure they would much rather build more 18 color presses. I don't think it matters that much what brand or who started the first smaller auto. It may matter to the first maker of the smaller press to say, "we started the trend" like bragging rights...I guess. They all will be going in that direction if the demand dictates.

I'm sure we will still have our shops that need the Alpha 8's  and such. Heck, those are probably more feasible to get. You can add on as you grow. Not sure of the stating cost for the basic Alpha 8 or how many stations it starts at.

I think a true 8 color press (with an additional location for a flash) is ideal.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 06:35:03 AM »
Hate to use the automobile comparison but it really does apply here. I would imagine that if I were a manufacturer of presses I would want to cover all bases. There probably is a stronger demand for smaller presses; certainly in the domestic market. Question is that is there higher p-margin for larger ones? Can't say but I would think that I would be more profitable if I were making much higher volume of smaller ones. We have some of each and exploit them to our best ability. Our GT6/8 often generates more p-margin for us than the big boys. One could easily argue differently. This applies to our business model and your results may; of course, vary.