Author Topic: It's not often that you see.....  (Read 2197 times)

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
It's not often that you see.....
« on: March 09, 2013, 04:56:21 PM »
Rich Hoffman of M&R wearing a shirt that was not printed on an M&R press. 

I guess that this picture shows how much he supports www.TheShirtBoard.com

Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: It's not often that you see.....
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 06:00:14 PM »
Ha!  That is an odd site.  Great,  but different. :)  In fact, I never see him in a tee shirt. Always a dress shirt.

Thats always a conflict for me.  I wanna wear dress shirts to do business, but then, I can get that dress shirt pretty dirty.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 12:57:12 PM »
we should just start calling him The Hoff.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 12:59:51 PM »
If you connect the correct squares in the shirt (or black out the others) it will still say M&R.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 01:22:19 PM »

and I have the "official" made in the USA shirt!  yahhhoooooo

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 09:06:39 PM »

Sam:  It was great hooking up with you and all of the TSB Gang at the Atlantic City ISS Show.  BTW During the M&R Dealer meeting on Thursday afternoon, Mr. Hoffman gave you Mega Credits for Beta Testing the MSP 3140 to CTS Conversion kit for your M&R/NuArc screen exposure unit.

It looks like a real cool solution to help people optimize an existing exposure unit for exposing screen using both Direct to Screen and traditional Film Positive technology. Seeing that you are the mad scientist of the group, how about starting up a thread telling us all how things are working out with the newly modified screen exposure system. 
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 07:56:53 AM »

We were proud to put that design together and do the seps!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 08:16:32 AM »
Peter

thank you for those kind words and as always it was great to spend some time with you! 

Yes we have the conversion ( or retro fit ) kit for the MSP3140 for those of us who have a slightly older model that is not CTS compatible.  Working with M&R is always great and having them come up with a product like this allowing us to have a backup in case the CTS is down for some reason we can go to film and glass without a hiccup.

The retro fit is a riser between the base unit and lid.  We installed it and gave suggestions to M&R about the directions and feedback on how to make a few steps easier for the layman ( ok me ) to help with installation. 

Right now it works great.  We have had it for a few months and we are producing great screens with it and keeping our production flowing.  We have yet to find a negative about it and we even tested if the CTS went down what would happen and guess what...the change over to film and glass took all of 3 seconds as all we did was move the two brackets that hold the screen under the glass and put a screen on the glass and exposed away! 

M&R has done a great job to keep the industry moving with innovative products such as this.  So now I can spend a little vs. buying an entire new exposure unit.  Way to go M&R

Total time to install retro fit riser for the msp 3140 was about 35 min.  with the new directions I can see it would be under 30 min.  well worth the money if you are going CTS and have an regular MSP.

So I thank M&R once again for making us more productive, which in return makes us more profitable.

Sam