Author Topic: How many screens in 1 hour?  (Read 3448 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: How many screens in 1 hour?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 08:48:03 AM »
We don't remove the tape till after ink has been scrubbed and rinsed with Citra Paste. I find it cleaner to leave the tape in which keeps the ink and chems from building up in the frame corners and sides. Once rinsed the tape being wet pulls off quite easy as well.
"No man is an island"

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 09:21:11 AM »
Low mesh screens with thicker stencils only around 10 per hour, mid to high mesh with thinner stencils probably 20-25.  Stencil makes a huge difference.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 09:46:51 AM »
WOW.  I thought we were fast.  10-15/hr no dip tank,  does not include coating.  I coat at night after screens have been reclaimed and dried.  I coat 40-60 per hour 2x2.  I really need to revisit this procedure. 

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 10:04:41 AM »
We'll do closer to 30 manual, 20 machine. We have a screen dryer, and that's all we can get in there to fill it up. The screen dryer might be one of the best auction deals I ever got, $300. Dry heat makes everything dry faster. Our normal cycle is reclaim, coat, expose, touch up, repeat...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't