Author Topic: Tips/Advice or Recommendations on Inks for printing Plastic Poly Mailer bags?  (Read 716 times)

Offline sonicweaponprinting

• Verified/Junior
  • Screen Printing and Design from Kansas City, USA
Hi guys, I had a question about something. I havent had much free time to experiment with all the different brands lf ink that are made specifically for printing plasti poly kailer bags that fashion companies like to mail theyre products in. I have used the Nazdar two part catalyst, however, one, its a little complicated to receive as the activator or catalyst comes with a hazardous material charge wheb shipping. (Luckily theres Nazdar distrbutor about 30 mins from me but its still a pain to have to drive and pickup i I run out )

My question is, I remember maybe reading about someone using maybe TW inks for this purpose? Would anyone recommend any 'untraditional' waterbase or air dry inks made for other purposes that I can make somethis work?

The other thing about the nazdar is even before catalyzing its just so strong smelling I have o move my vac flatstock table out into my garage just to print these. A bit of a runaround due to the odors and whatnot.

Anyone ever tried printing these?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I can't say I am familiar with the bag your printing but for an air dry water base ink, check this out....no heat needed, cures on it's own...pretty cool stuff. Call them and they will send you a sample, be sure to ask for a few colors because the samples are really, REALLY small...

http://wmplasticsinc.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=52_79
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...