Author Topic: my dilemma  (Read 1804 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
my dilemma
« on: February 25, 2013, 01:16:41 PM »
Not quite sure what to here...

Its about the leather pic i posted before...I am limited in my printing ability...I do want to get better at it..BUt for example for this leather design...

I don't want to quote this customer for the art seps and everything and then not be able to do it...and I dont want to get stuck paying for the seps if i can not do it either...I dont have the cash to do that at the moment..

So what am i to do..I want to take on more of these jobs if i get a call for them, but also do not want to send out something that looks like crap.

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: my dilemma
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 01:30:14 PM »
Test it out right now. Believe it or not this would actually be a very simple print.
I think suede would be the way to go, but that's just me. I think the stuff looks cool.
Thick low mesh suede, regular plastisol for the text, puff for the stitches. Easy peasy.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 01:35:54 PM »
Kinda puts you between a rock and a hard place......You have to invest in learning and see where it goes......If you can not afford to pay for seps, you have no choice except to maintain the status quo until you can....

Offline head north

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 01:51:10 PM »
Pay for seps, try it out and if it doesn't work contract it out?  Depending on the time frame.
Scott
Head North Printing
www.headnorthprinting.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 01:55:39 PM »
Pay for seps, try it out and if it doesn't work contract it out?  Depending on the time frame.

this would make sense! You'd have to pay for the seps one way or another!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 02:55:46 PM »
Or explain to your customer that your print will be a little off from their paper proof...I think you can pull this off, you just got to believe in your printing.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!