Author Topic: Resuming meetings - procedures?  (Read 836 times)

Offline jvieira

Resuming meetings - procedures?
« on: May 12, 2020, 10:50:13 AM »
Our country is finally lifting bans, businesses are reopening and people are now able to travel. We have been receiving a lot of requests for meetings as customers want to see and feel the clothes we sell but I'm having some issues with everyone touching garments.

I might be looking at an ozone machine to clean the air in our meeting room as part of our contingency plan, but there's still the issue of customers wanting to touch everything.

Has anyone thought of this? Do you see it as a potencial problem and have taken measures against it or is it business as usual for you?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Resuming meetings - procedures?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 11:19:43 AM »
What if you just have a thing of hand sanitizer and make sure they apply it(a few minutes) before touching the garment?

The other thing you could do, and I'm not 100% sure this works but in my light half-assed  googling it should work in theory... Run the garment through the dryer after they leave. From my BASIC understanding(someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong) the time and heat of the dryer should kill any remaining parts of the virus... 
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 11:55:41 AM »
on top of the dryer, which a a great idea - spray bottle of isopropel alcohol - or Bacardi 151 depending on how your days going- and lightly spray the shirts. Have a few different samples and rotate between the bunch? Give them a few days rest in between "showings"

Our showroom is closed and will remain closed for quite some time. Nice not having walk ins.....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Northland

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 12:32:47 PM »
.... maybe a shot of UV light (sunlight -or- exposure unit) ??

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 12:42:20 PM »
.... maybe a shot of UV light (sunlight -or- exposure unit) ??

I thought that the UV thing (at least the higher wavelengths from the sun and our exposure units) has been shot down.

I've heard of some clothing stores using small steamers.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 01:15:10 PM »
I was curious about the UV applications out there a few weeks ago, and there is much. I read that the lower UV range, say 220 - 250 will mess up the pathogens, but not have the adverse effect on human skin. There are some systems that can run for a few hours overnight to kill pathogens in the air when people aren't present, and I think I saw something about them being installed in ventilations systems as well. Dr. Birx was on the board or a consultant to one company I noticed...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline jvieira

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 05:01:56 AM »
I was curious about the UV applications out there a few weeks ago, and there is much. I read that the lower UV range, say 220 - 250 will mess up the pathogens, but not have the adverse effect on human skin. There are some systems that can run for a few hours overnight to kill pathogens in the air when people aren't present, and I think I saw something about them being installed in ventilations systems as well. Dr. Birx was on the board or a consultant to one company I noticed...

Steve

I have read about this too. Thought of using UV lighting and it's still an option, but can't find any light in that spectrum available.

I don't feel it's very feasable to wash or dry clothes every time someone touches them, though. I'll definitely go with the hand sanitizer, face masks (for our protection) and see about the UV light or an ozone machine