Author Topic: Time to shut it down  (Read 10373 times)

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Time to shut it down
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2013, 05:47:55 PM »
We had some wicked rain and hail last night out this way west.. got up this morning and was horrified to find the damage on the porch.. this is tough.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2013, 05:50:16 PM »
We had some wicked rain and hail last night out this way west.. got up this morning and was horrified to find the damage on the porch.. this is tough.

Aww first world problems really suck
"No man is an island"

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »
Awe great they lifted the travel ban, awe crap they haven't plowed any roads around here yet.good luck driving some where through three feet or more of snow. Damn governor just said atleast ten days till they get the highways fully cleared.

Back hoe came here today and started cleaning the parking lot, he thought there was no cars in one sectionandwent and ripped the front end off of someone's PT Cruiser lol.

"No man is an island"

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2013, 01:28:50 PM »
ripped the front end off of someone's PT Cruiser lol.

No real car's were harmed in this event.  LOL
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2013, 09:02:28 AM »
Hey, this became a long thread. My house looks pretty much like Mike's pix. My town listed 28 inches on the news, 30 in the town the shop is in. No big deal except for 3 hours of moving snow, alone. However, the wife was making good food, so I got my reward after I finished. The main roads in our town were fine by yesterday. Nothing at all like '78, so all in all, not so bad, pretty lucky. There are plenty of folks with coastal flooding and no power.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2013, 09:05:58 AM »
wow, looks like you guys had some pretty bad snow.  They had some tornadoes in southern MS last night.  We had a few good rains last night as well, but nothing major.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2013, 10:12:51 AM »
Your lucky steve nothing is back to normal down here yet. Me and the owner came to work today, we could only park about 100 yrds away then have to trek through three feet to get to the building. Property management will not answer any calls so no idea when if ever they will come with a pay loader and open this area up. Most roads are barely touched yet, all they have done is one strip down the middle so with out some kind of 4 wheel you are stupid to be out. We are screwed absolutely no deliveries for god knows how long with lots of dead lines to be done, all we can think of is going to the UPS hub and picking up there but we cant lug dozens of boxes through a foot ball length of crap.
"No man is an island"

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2013, 10:34:39 AM »
Your lucky steve nothing is back to normal down here yet. Me and the owner came to work today, we could only park about 100 yrds away then have to trek through three feet to get to the building. Property management will not answer any calls so no idea when if ever they will come with a pay loader and open this area up. Most roads are barely touched yet, all they have done is one strip down the middle so with out some kind of 4 wheel you are stupid to be out. We are screwed absolutely no deliveries for god knows how long with lots of dead lines to be done, all we can think of is going to the UPS hub and picking up there but we cant lug dozens of boxes through a foot ball length of crap.

Throwing a $100 bill at a guy with a plow will go a long way. 

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2013, 11:31:13 AM »

The guy behind you will throw two $1000 bills at him, its impossible to line up anyone with a loader right now everyone is booked.

"No man is an island"

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2013, 11:38:08 AM »

The guy behind you will throw two $1000 bills at him, its impossible to line up anyone with a loader right now everyone is booked.

You should be throwing that much too, lost income/production will cost you more than that.  I didn't say call one either, I said throw some money at one.  LOL  Meaning see him, wave big green backs at him.  BOOM.  Used to get our driveway done in PA the exact same way, for less than our neighbors paid the guy for doing his.  :)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2013, 11:42:44 AM »

You should be throwing that much too, lost income/production will cost you more than that.  I didn't say call one either, I said throw some money at one.  LOL  Meaning see him, wave big green backs at him.  BOOM.  Used to get our driveway done in PA the exact same way, for less than our neighbors paid the guy for doing his.  :)

Its not an option Brandt, this is a big commercial building with 12 units. There is a long entrance way just to get to the parking lot, and most importantly even if it was cleared the road itself is not. What you are not getting tho is that we are dealing with the worse snowfall in our history not a meager foot of snow or whatever, plows them selves are useless it is either heavy machinery or nothing, you could run around with cash all day long but you wont get anything for it since the few machines out there are all bought and paid for, in other words get in line. On top of that many of the private guys are being contracted by the Gov which takes even more resources away from the private sector.
"No man is an island"

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2013, 01:39:09 PM »
Wait a minute..are you saying that the GOV'T hasn't taken care of you?  but you paid your taxes..oh thats right because the gov't has no clue how to really run things....

they called off school here because the roads are not clear enough..well hmmmmm maybe if you didn't freak around waiting to put the trucks of the roads you would not be in this mess....yeah it is a lot of snow, but like you said there is one path down the middle...really?  come on....

sam

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2013, 01:45:25 PM »
I walked downtown saturday morning - it was still snowing and blowing. 

the city did an awesome job of clearing the roads

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2013, 02:02:29 PM »
Wait a minute..are you saying that the GOV'T hasn't taken care of you?  but you paid your taxes..oh thats right because the gov't has no clue how to really run things....

they called off school here because the roads are not clear enough..well hmmmmm maybe if you didn't freak around waiting to put the trucks of the roads you would not be in this mess....yeah it is a lot of snow, but like you said there is one path down the middle...really?  come on....

sam

I'm with ya Sam, but, if they don't clear any sidewalks, then it is pretty dangerous for the kids who walk, if there are still any.
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2013, 02:27:48 PM »

sam

Sam which way do you want it to be? Should they spend billions on what ifs then have everyone complain about the taxes or do what they have to when the disaster hits? See my point?

Sam here is something crazy to think abouot, nearly half the equipment in the whole state has broken down due to the extreme work, they are at a point where they have to call in out side help, I really do not mind because they have to get raods open which is more important than some businesses getting a few extra days off.

Anyways attached is a couple pics in the first one you cant really tell except for the popped tile but our roof is sagging bad, ten feet above the ceiling tiles is the girders and the hanging ceiling is attached to that, when the roof sags the ceiling tiles shows it clearly. In the second picture tho is whats scaring us, you cant tell well from pics but those struts holding the HVAC trunk are all buckling, we never seen that before s guess what we are doing today? Yep the owner just left he is getting an extension ladder and some extra people and we are going to clear off our Units roof. Its a must because we just heard the commercial building down the road lost half their roof, right now it is pouring and three feet of snow is soaking up the water and quadrupling in weight and being a flat roof and clogged gutters the water is going no where. Oh fun!

"No man is an island"