Author Topic: Another Emulsion? CCI WR-14  (Read 4996 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Re: Another Emulsion? CCI WR-14
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2016, 02:50:49 PM »
the phu was a nightmare for us, we gave this T9 a try. Maybe because we are in such a warm/hot area it lowers the viscosity, but so far I think we've gone through about 40 gallons of it and have had no issues. It is really good with the D2A ink in the I-Image ST. Once your exposure times are dialed in, you can hold every dot you print on it. I love the stuff. For us we can go a month without a waterbased order, have them pop up here and there, or a banging month of wb orders. Not having to have 2 emulsions anymore, and having 1 that has super fast exposure times for me is pretty awesome. The small amount of time invested in a post exposure is nothing knowing it won't need a hardener that will make reclaiming a nightmare. Contact Al Buffington, the Murikami guru here on the board, he was instrumental in getting us sample stuff and info for prep and go.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline shaneds

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 06:24:22 PM »
the phu was a nightmare for us, we gave this T9 a try. Maybe because we are in such a warm/hot area it lowers the viscosity, but so far I think we've gone through about 40 gallons of it and have had no issues. It is really good with the D2A ink in the I-Image ST. Once your exposure times are dialed in, you can hold every dot you print on it. I love the stuff. For us we can go a month without a waterbased order, have them pop up here and there, or a banging month of wb orders. Not having to have 2 emulsions anymore, and having 1 that has super fast exposure times for me is pretty awesome. The small amount of time invested in a post exposure is nothing knowing it won't need a hardener that will make reclaiming a nightmare. Contact Al Buffington, the Murikami guru here on the board, he was instrumental in getting us sample stuff and info for prep and go.

Have you been using diazo with the T9? We use diazo on the samples originally but the cost is so much since its not included. We switched from Aquasal HV and have had great results. I agree that the resolution is great for us using CTS to starlight. Big improvement over the HV.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 06:32:28 PM »
No diazo. Not sure how many prints you are looking per set up. But their field testing went beyond 10,000 prints with no diazo, no hardener. We've hit over 2500 prints on a set up with zero sign of wear on the screens.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 10:48:40 AM »
I got in a sample when it was in Beta.  Really rough to coat with.  It did level out why dry... but before that it left big long streaks in the coat.  Made me very nervous.

Maybe I should ask RC if they have another sample.

We will be going to Direct to Screen with a stand alone starlight later this year and I want a single emulsion that will do 60 lpi down to a 3% dot consistently but then turn around and do long run HSA/Discharge.

Currently using the Saati PHU, but options are awesome :)

If you want a sample I have a few available, feel free to email or pm if you want to test.  Our feedback from customers has been great.  One emulsion for everything, but like was mentioned before do post expose for wb discharge inks.
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 11:12:15 AM »
I'll take one Kevin. I need to grab some stuff next week anway

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 11:21:18 AM »
Done.   I will set one aside for you.  Have a great 4th!
Kevin Wilson

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 01:44:04 PM »
Kevin:

I am in Beaverton Oregon and I can get a sample from the same distributor I get the PHU from.  RC Screen Supply - AWESOME people.  But I really appreciate your offer!
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 02:08:38 PM »
lol sorry I saw RC Supply (thought abbreviated River City).  That makes complete sense, we would be a few days shipping from Texas.
Kevin Wilson

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 08:39:40 PM »
Kevin I thought you guys were closed today, but here you are offering help to a fellow board member, well done sir!
Dale Hoyal