Author Topic: Sprint Dryer Exhaust  (Read 1473 times)

Offline inkbrigade

Sprint Dryer Exhaust
« on: January 30, 2013, 09:48:16 PM »
So we're moving in a month or so and obviously the dryer. I'd like to have the ducting done and vented out the roof before the dryer gets there so we have as little downtime as possible.

Right now we have sturdy sheet metal pipe on our exhaust. But i've seen some shops that have what look like maybe 6 feet of a flexible exhaust pipe connecting into a standard sheet metal exhaust.

Does anyone have any idea what this stuff is called? It'd be nice to be able to locate the dryer a foot or 2 in either direction once it shows up and not have to deal with the sheet metal ya know?

Thanks,
Jamie
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Sprint Dryer Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:51:30 PM »
Even rich may tell you, cut the hole after the dryer is in place or be damn sure you have the floor marked out correctly as that exhaust is supposed to go straight up with not a single bend for maximum efficiency.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 06:09:00 PM »
Even rich may tell you, cut the hole after the dryer is in place or be damn sure you have the floor marked out correctly as that exhaust is supposed to go straight up with not a single bend for maximum efficiency.

Boy that's not what i wanted to hear. We're shutting down 2 business days. So we have 4 days to move the shop. Not much time to setup both presses, level them, cut a hole in the roof etc. Ugh!
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 07:44:24 PM »
In California flexible duct for heated exhaust No Bueno.. have to use adjustable elbows.. when we moved last year there was a sky light right above the exhaust so we had to jog over a few feet. My guy had the ducting done about 4 hours after we set the dryer in place. If your installer is prepared with materials  he should be able to complete it long before you are done setting up your press.

Good luck moving a shop SUCKS ARSE!

Robert
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:17:09 PM »
Cutting that hole is simple..

Place the dryer then using a laser level or laser pointer put a piece of wood across the vent, aim it to the ceiling, drill a hole where the beam hits then on the roof use a demo saw and cut hole.

4 hours tops is accurate.

You can DO IT!!
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 01:49:58 AM »
Depending on the roof height you may want to do it like I did. Mark the spot on the ceiling and then drill a hole through the roof. Take something and stick it through the hole the higher up the better I use a wire with a plastic flag attached. When your on a roof seeing a little hole will be harder then you think. Then mark and cut the whole from up there. If you do it from inside you will not see if there is a wire, pipe or drain in your way. You will also have to be on a ladder trying to cut a whole over your head 15 or more feet from the floor. Not too safe. If you have all the parts and sealing material you can have it done in an hour. It took me 2 hours but I did it by myself.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:01:35 PM by Jon »