Author Topic: Update on my back problem i was whining about in november...  (Read 907 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Update on my back problem i was whining about in november...
« on: January 23, 2013, 10:58:06 AM »
well...no meds...pain free now...you ask how did it happen?

well i thought i was in shape because the of the cardio ive been doing and riding the bike all summer..but all in all my legs were weak...yep weak..

For the last 2 months i have been doing lunges and working on the legs...well that little pain i had in lower back..all gone....just had weak muscles..

so do some lunges....you can do them anywhere...start out with no weight then move up...doing all sorts of squats and lunges and never felt better..

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
Re: Update on my back problem i was whining about in november...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 11:08:52 AM »
I have a recurring back issue as well... it recurred over Thanksgiving. It SUCKS!

Yadda yadda yadda... physical therapy... and I learned a few things. You're right, exercise is GOOD but here's two big things:

1. Stretch. Especially your hamstring. I know, it doesn't make sense at first but it works. Stretch your hamstrings.

2. Strengthen your CORE. THem's the muscles that connect to your pelvis, UNDER your abs. Look up core strengthening exercises like "dead bug."

If you can get to a physical therapist, I'd recommend it. I learned I've been doing everything wrong, right down to the way I hold my pelvis. A PT will help you find your "pelvic neutral" position and everything changes from there.

Good luck and keep it up!!!
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »
Kanye taught me to hold my pelvis like this:

Is this right or wrong?

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 12:02:12 PM »
Gilly, that's not what your pelvis is. (Kanye's left hand)  :o

Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 03:16:25 PM »
Guess I've been doing it wrong then. ;)