screen printing > Screen Making

Wide Format Film Output for 65 lpi and beyond...

<< < (2/3) > >>

squeezee:
I'm not convince that Accurip can't do it, it's more likely the settings.
pm me.

ZooCity:

--- Quote from: Fluid on June 14, 2011, 12:03:06 PM ---Wasatch is a great rip. I used one for many years until I upgraded and purchased a Techstyler.  I now use Harlequin RIP which I am extremely happy with.

--- End quote ---

I was looking at SoftRIP SP for a minute and it looks pretty ok to me, kinda laborious in the print dialogues though.  I'll check out Harlequin next. 

--- Quote ---Why are you needing to go that high with your dot size?  I can see maybe if there is a serious amount of tiny detail yet for the most part most designs for T's shouldn't need to go over 55. Dealing with dot gain with a dot above 55 is going to be tremendous, especially in a fast production environment
--- End quote ---

Flatstock and I think we can handle over 55lpi on textiles or, at least, we're getting there. 

Rick Roth:
We use a 4880 Epson and Wasatch RIP and we have no problem with 65 line films. We also use a 4880 in our sister facility with AccuRIP and also do 65 no problem. We are doing photographs and other high end reproductions with no problems. Make sure you are cleaning the heads periodically. Also don't try and use lesser priced ink or lesser priced film to "save money" as you will not save money in the end. Unless you are printing color posters nearly every day, bail on your color cartridges and get a chip resetter and let those heads dry up, who cares. You will save thousands of dollars over the life of the machine by buying a couple of $20 resetters.

ZooCity:
We do get, and run, 65 lpi screens out of the accurip>4800 combo but dot shape is alright, not great.   I think I might trial some other rips with the larger format epson we'll have to get soon.  A rip that I could "teach" to do what I wanted would be best for us.  It's really the in-built ability to quickly and cleanly separate and print spot colors that I like and need.  They all do a pretty good job of laying down the right amount of ink once the settings are tuned so that's a non-issue.   

And thanks Rick, I do actually take all those measures.  If you aren't doing this already check this out- we use ink and a cleaning solution system from http://filmdirectonline.com/ and it's pretty great.  Leaves all the heads very clean and usable should you want more black cart's or a hybrid setup down the road. 

squeezee:
The 4800/4880 printers use K3 inks, you need a clever ink reduction strategy (such as the one in the Wasatch SP module) that allows high resolution and accurate ink deposit.
If you do not use a RIP with a monochrome setting, your 'black' will be made up of CMY plus a little black, it won't be as accurate as using a single head, the dots won't be as nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version