Author Topic: Building a legacy.............. LOL  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Building a legacy.............. LOL
« on: June 13, 2011, 01:13:27 PM »
Building a legacy. One "brick" at the time!!!!

I was bitter, but now, I kind off like that "Karma" thing. That is maybe because I'm a big basketball fan and I'm a Cleveland Cavaliers fan, but I loved it last night. I was gloating when I have seen the same actions and the same result I was hating to see last year. All that crying to the refs, all those "bricks", all that "choking".......... Also, we have seen that there is no "me" in basketball (Or 3 "me's"), there is only a team play.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE DALLAS MAVERICKS and all the people in Dallas area!!!

People from Florida (Miami) (if here are any), be nice, please bring arguments to the table if you try to dispute something :)

Anybody here following basketball? Your comments?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Building a legacy.............. LOL
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
 I am right there with you! I savored every last second of that game and laughed my a$$ off everytime he threw a brick.

Dallas is a true team with no I's in it at all they deserved it but now its sad because of Kings failure is eclipsing Dallas's great victory!

I hope when Dallas visits Cleveland next year they give them a standing ovation!
"No man is an island"

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 02:12:32 PM »
I was glad for Dirk, 13 years with one team with that much talent and no ring. I'm glad Kidd got his after 17 years, Peja Stjakovic (One of mine favorite players) 10 years after refs ripped him off against Lakers in early 2000's, Terry deserved hist after a series like that.....and so on.....

You are right that "Queens" failure is eclipsing the Dallas achievement, but I think that they do not mind that.
That face that could not hide disgusted face and tears in his eyes- PRICELESS.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 03:42:20 PM »
Been a mavs fan all my life and last night was one of the greatest nights in my sports watching career.  It was hard to watch, I couldn't take another disapointment with what happened in 06', then the Rangers losing the World Series and the absolute disaster the Cowboys had last year. I haven't been that happy when watching one of my favorite teams win since the Longhorns beat USC for the National Championship a few years ago.  Damn it's been a while since a team I root for won a championship.  I was crushed when the Rangers lost to the Giants but this helps ease that pain a lot.  Dirk and Kidd deserve that title more than anyone in basketball and I'm so happy for them.

I don't have anything personally against Lebron and I was a passing fan of Wade but I really was wishing failure for them and wanted the game to be a blowout so that I could stomach to watch the entire game.  I don't like the fact that Lebron thought he needed to join up with 2 other top tier players to win a championship but I have enjoyed watching him play, his athleticism is beyond comprehension sometimes (except 4th quarters in the Finals I guess). 

From what I saw out of the Heat this postseason, they'll win their share of championships, as long as the new collective bargaining agreement doesn't break up some of the higher payroll teams and force the Miami Thrice to split up.  I thought they were a year ahead of what was reasonably expected out of them and they'll probably walk to a ring next season.  When they get it figured out, when Lebron learns how to play away from the ball and establishes at least one or two decent post-up moves, they'll be unstoppable.  He's still younger than Jordan was when he won his first, Jordan got denied by the Pistons and went through several bad losses before he figured it out, now he is the one by which everyone is measured.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 10:59:55 PM »
Somebody made a mistake, or was it on purpose?

i hope it was delivered to our bellowed Bron-Bron.  ;D

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Miami-ad-congratulates-the-Heat-for-a-title-they?urn=nba-wp4900

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 08:02:54 AM »
I know it might be boring to someone, but I laughed my a$$ off this morning when I watched these :)

Hitler Finds Out Lebron James and The Heat have lost the 2011 NBA finals.